advertisement

MF Doom RIP

Tony L

Administrator
Only announced by his wife today, but apparently he died back in October (Pitchfork). I know there aren’t too many rap fans here, but he did some great stuff, the Madvilliany album, projects with Madlib, Danger Mouse etc. 49 is no age to check out. RIP.

Something with a cool funky jazz groove!

I’ve never heard of him. I was a big fan of rap back in the day but fell out with it during the Tupac period where it just became too much.

I’ve never heard of him. I was a big fan of rap back in the day but fell out with it during the Tupac period where it just became too much.
I would say DOOM was the most adept rapper of the last 30 years. Silky.

Without doubt my greatest ever musical influence and all time favourite artist. For me at least, he produced some of the best hip hop ever, never seeking fame or fortune, just making real music. The greatest of them all. I’ll miss him. RIP

Aw, sad innit? I’m proper gutted today! Horrible start to the year.

Sad news. One of the best imo. Both kmd albums. operation doomsday, madvillian are pretty much classics.

He was born in hounslow/ Heston of all places, down the road from where I went to school.

I was just looking on gasdrawls.com and everything has been wiped out since yesterday. Except for NehruvianDoom album, which is a bit of a kick in the teeth for Bishop...

Im pretty sure DOOM had control of all his content so hopefully the rising tide of interest in his work will benefit his remaining family directly.

Prices have gone mental. £500 plus for any VV vinyl on Discogs, and lots of unscrupulous sellers effectively selling pre orders of Madvillany and Operation DD at hugely inflated prices and then presumably popping over to somewhere like HHV, where you can currently secure preorder copies at ‘normal’ money.

Prices have gone mental. £500 plus for any VV vinyl on Discogs, and lots of unscrupulous sellers effectively selling pre orders of Madvillany and Operation DD at hugely inflated prices and then presumably popping over to somewhere like HHV, where you can currently secure preorder copies at ‘normal’ money.
Remember Blackstar? Vultures aren't they?

I have a couple of DOOM's albums on vinyl and a lot more on CD - they weren't going anywhere when he was alive and that ain't changing now.

P.S. NehruvianDOOM is vastly underrated!

advertisement

Back