advertisement

Metal

@egodissolve I’m sure I saw that you purchased Frummyrkrið – Dauðans Myrkri, (it seems to have disappeared off bandcamp?) I’m absolutely loving this.
I enjoyed it too J, if it's gone maybe a label has signed them; I wouldn't be surprised.

I was listening to Lace Shawl "The Secret Botanist" on GSR and thought that this guy has something special then after 4:18 it crashes and burns for the remaining 10 mins! It has its moments but if I bought it I would stop at 4:18 everytime :oops: I am tempted to give the guys $1 for those precious moments!

https://grimestone.bandcamp.com/track/lace-shawl-the-secret-botanist

I’ve come across a couple of examples of Portal-esque Lovecraftian nightmare stuff recently which I have enjoyed.

Worth checking out if invasive insanity and suffocation at the uncaring whim of incomprehensible beings older and more malevolent than conceptual time is your idea of a good time on a Saturday night.

Currently playing this:

And a couple of weeks ago I clapped ears on this:

I’ve come across a couple of examples of Portal-esque Lovecraftian nightmare stuff recently which I have enjoyed.

Worth checking out if invasive insanity and suffocation at the uncaring whim of incomprehensible beings older and more malevolent than conceptual time is your idea of a good time on a Saturday night.

Currently playing this:

And a couple of weeks ago I clapped ears on this:

Altarage have a pretty impressive back catalogue. Haven't picked it up yet but will do after I have digested the new Spectral Wound.

Anyone rotated the new Emptiness release numerous times?

https://emptiness.bandcamp.com/album/vide

I also have the bands back catalogue but to say this one is unique is an understatement! It's certainly a challenging listen on first impression.

The Spectral Wound lives up to the press hype and my expectations. It’s been on constant rotation all week.

I agree, along with Mānbryne and Frummyrkrið, it’s had numerous plays. I’ll be downloading my preorder of Ungfell’s latest album to add to tonight’s playlist.

Hello, new member here who is glad to see a metal thread... and also discovering that emojis are somewhat limited. Therefore \m/

Most recent metal purchase is the Septic Funeral EP by Coffin Mulch, on vinyl. I have a thing for this type of slimy, fetid old school Death Metal.

Hello, new member here who is glad to see a metal thread... and also discovering that emojis are somewhat limited. Therefore \m/

Most recent metal purchase is the Septic Funeral EP by Coffin Mulch, on vinyl. I have a thing for this type of slimy, fetid old school Death Metal.

You are most welcome Waxy to our lonely wooden, isolated shack in the woods. We keep the curtains closed to stop the others from peeking into our wonderful world of filth and darkness.
I personally am a huge fan of Undergang and the Dark Descent / Me Saco Un Ojo labels; whilst talking DM give Scottish band Penny Coffin a listen.

https://pennycoffindeath.bandcamp.com/album/-

Indica Blues - We Are Doomed

Not sure whether really classed as 'Metal' but certainly heavy. Have only just discovered them and loving their sound.

Catching up with this thread, bound to be 1 or 2 I like in the many pages.

This is one such, enjoying that.

A request;
Could you guys mark any suggestions with ":eek:" or such like, for recommendations that DON'T have perpetual screaming or growling vocals, it would really aid filtering out what I know I'll never listen to.

Thankya kindly.

A request;
Could you guys mark any suggestions with ":eek:" or such like, for recommendations that DON'T have perpetual screaming or growling vocals, it would really aid filtering out what I know I'll never listen to.

Thankya kindly.

Indica Blues - Hymns for a Dying Realm is worth a listen too.

A request;

Thankya kindly.

Give Enlightened in Eternity by Spirit Adrift a go.
It made quite a few ‘best of’ lists last year

Slapped a triumvirate of classic LPs on this evening
  • Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
  • Obituary - Slowly We Rot
  • Autopsy - Severed Survival

I have a guy on my Facebook friends list who tends to mention anniversaries of albums like these.

Apparently Altars turned 32 years old just the other day!

Not a week goes by where I don't spin a few old classics. Not played Alters of Madness in ages. I did have World Downfall and Acts of the Unspeakable on recently though.

advertisement

Back