advertisement

Metal

Richie has such a wonderfully drawly way of speaking. Everyone thinks he’s stoned all the time, at least until they see him play!

I'm a huge Mike Patton fan, seen him play in pretty much all of the bands he was involved with besides faith no more.

Saw Meshuggah on Thursday night, and they were immense. I’ve seen them a few times before and their playing has always been immaculate, but for me it’s often been impressive rather than compelling. But on Thursday they were amazing IMO. Huge stage, perfect sound (rare at an open air fest!), kinetic force.

Can I put a good word in for Consummation, this LP is going to be one of my favourites, it always indicates a special LP when at first it sounds uninspiring then hits you and pulls you in. I have many LPs lined up that I have yet to buy (Tomb Mold, Ossuarium, Superstition and Cerebral Rot) and I just have it on constant rotation. There is something about it that is just so special.

http://consummation.bandcamp.com/album/the-great-solar-hunter

Ohh a quick heads up for the new Phobocosm 7", another quality band that hopefully have new stuff in the pipeline, I have all their back catalogue. I think $5 is a bit steep for 1 track and a cover, although the cover is Immolations "Here in After"!

http://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/everlasting-void

@Blackmetalboon
What's happening, we haven't seen you for what seems eons! Not much black at the moment, mostly death but it is supposedly still summertime.
Just noticed Slipknot are number 1 in the album charts!

@egodissolve
Been busy so haven’t had much time to check out any new releases, although my BC wish list seems to be expanding!
Not any more after your buys yesterday BMB! :)
Ok, I am officially posting that the Consummation LP is one of my golden ten, it is a remarkable work up there with the best of the best that includes UADA, Dodecohedron and Deathspell. I can't speak highly enough of this band, they press all the right buttons and create passages of genius.

I have to add that this has one of the most “out of place” final tracks I’ve come across. When it came on I had to check I was still playing the same album!
Certainly a sudden change of direction BMB. Reminds me of when Cult of Luna did something similar on the last release.

That's really spooky because I mentioned Cult of Luna and did a quick look at what the band are up to and they have a new LP out on September 20th called "A Dawn to Fear" and they have live dates in the UK at Leeds and London in November. Also touring Europe for you guys over there, check out the bands FB page.
The only worrying thing is the new album is on Metal Blade...has their consistency finally ran its course....

advertisement

Back