advertisement

Metal

Had time to listen to the Ungfell album, think this is going to get heavy rotation.

On another note, gonna ruin my metal credentials, my Dimmu Borgir-Eonian CD turned up yesterday. I had reservations after hearing the first track released, but it has definitely got its hooks into me!
We all have our weaknesses BMB! :p
Nice buys btw...

Have you checked out Exesa? Similar vibe to Mgla, definitely worth a listen.

Uhrilhja‘s album sounds pretty good (I’ll probably end up getting it) and I’m going to check out Wolvhammer a bit more.
I have the Exesa on my WL and will give it some time soon, as we both know it's been a bit busy recently with some great releases. I love the vibe Uhrilahja kick out, so quirky yet trve! Wallfahrer is a steal of a find, absolutely brilliant. The Wolvhammer I haven't got around to listen to yet but will do as a matter of urgency! The Vindland and Raven Throne are top drawer BMB, thanks for the heads up on these. Listened to both of them back to back last night...they're excellent.
Angantyr are a new one to me...viking metal I see...hmmm, looks tasty. ..

J, try Misanthropic Existence, totally vicious and wicked stuff. Bought the Cd from Stuart's AD label. Mastered by Greg Chandler and they are from Worcestershire (I think)

What's happening guys! Is everyone sunning themselves instead of listening!
I have been spinning the last batch of Bandcamp buys (thanks Blackmetalboon) and waiting for the new UADA to drop.
Anyone into funeral needs the new Eye of Solitude in their life, its amazing!...and just picked up Cäinan Dawn's latest, I do like what this band do.
I also noticed reviews of the At the Gates and the blogs going a little nuts about a new Immortal release...

Did you check out Slaughter of The Soul in the end? I’m actually looking forward to hearing their new one.

There’s a new Immortal album coming? Last I saw Abbath was at Inferno. I watched a song or two and then left, but apparently he inexplicably played about a quarter of a set and then walked off and refused to continue. I thought he might have been on the way out.

These guys are incredible musicians, great album if you're into Progressive Metal and Bands like Cynic. They're releasing a new album soon.

I've been listening to a lot Animals as Leaders too lately. Great stuff, must listen!

Yeah IIRC that’s what precipitated Abbath’s move from bass to guitar in the late 90s. Interesting that it’s Immortal with Demonaz but no Abbath (judging by the paint designs).

These guys are incredible musicians, great album if you're into Progressive Metal and Bands like Cynic. They're releasing a new album soon.

I've been listening to a lot Animals as Leaders too lately. Great stuff, must listen!

I guess you have listened to Persefone and The Contortionist Fulci, these are two bands I totally dig.

I see the thread disappeared on to page 2 at one point! I wish I had been enjoying the sunshine, it’s been work, work and then decorating at home instead. Luckily I’ve managed to blast out a few tunes while doing doing the above!

Hey BMB, check out the Keys of Orthanic, wow, what a sleeve!
https://www.naturmacht.com/wp-content/uploads/NP092-1024x905.jpg

Had a quick listen, for $1, I think it’s worth a buy. Kroda and Havukruunu have had a fair few spins since I bought them and have plenty on my BC Wishlist that I still need to check out.

The Havukruunu is very special BMB, I have the image on my phone!...looking forward to the UADA this Friday (I get the feeling the UADA image will replace the Havukruunu though!)
BTW, anyone who loved Agalloch needs to check out the forthcoming KHôRADA, it's Anderson, Walton and Dekker new band, sounds exciting based on the preview track on Bandcamp....

Reactions: Jlc
J, check out Wayfarer's "Worlds Blood", recorded and mastered by Mr Marston. It has a slightly different twist being from Denver...a bit "western" in influence. Sounds intriguing...

I’ve already preordered UADA’s new album on CD, hopefully it will arrive this weekend.

The name Wayfarer rings a bell, I’ll check them out.

How did you get on with the Hail Spirit Noir deek?

Hey man! I finally listened to all their stuff. I still think Pneuma is best (perhaps because I played it non-stop for weeks when I first heard it) but I really enjoyed them all.

I've been so busy with house-stuff (moving house, not boom-boom-house) that I've not really listened to a lot of new music. The metal I've played has been mostly old school Celtic Frost, Carcass, Napalm and Obituary. Although I did have time yesterday for some Deathspell, that was a good tip - I like a slow burner :)

I also wanted to pull the metal-thread back from the dead (i.e. page 2)!

I’ve already preordered UADA’s new album on CD, hopefully it will arrive this weekend.

The name Wayfarer rings a bell, I’ll check them out.
I think the UADA review on AMG was a little unjustified and rather wide of the mark tbh. Yes the songs are longer but the level of expertise and performance here is rarely heard in this genre, I agree with Andy Synns review on NCS. I have been listening non stop since it came out.

I think the UADA review on AMG was a little unjustified and rather wide of the mark tbh. Yes the songs are longer but the level of expertise and performance here is rarely heard in this genre, I agree with Andy Synns review on NCS. I have been listening non stop since it came out.

That would explain you’re absence from this thread!

My CD only turned up today, had a quick listen on Bandcamp the day it was released. It doesn’t seem to be as instantly accessible as DoL but it’s early days and I’ve not had a proper listen yet.

advertisement

Back