advertisement

Metal

Just stuck London by Voices on. Not necessarily the best known album in the world, but I think it's superb.

Not an album that's easily captured by one song, but here's a taste:

Just stuck London by Voices on. Not necessarily the best known album in the world, but I think it's superb.

That's a album I haven't played for a while, I agree it's brilliant and I need to revisit it urgently!

That's a album I haven't played for a while, I agree it's brilliant and I need to revisit it urgently!

The pairing of The Antidote and The ****trance is just sublime IMO. Not for everyone, perhaps, but quite wonderful in its own horrific way.

Never heard of 'em. I'll give them a listen but based on that clip l think it could be difficult :)

Maybe you’ve heard of Ackercocke? Voices were to some extent a phoenix from Ackercocke’s ashes.

Listening to Voices now, through a decent pair of headphones (instead of my phone). it's actually not as hard-going as I thought.

Edit: now listening to Renaissance In Extremis for the first time... now this is more to my taste

Maybe you’ve heard of Ackercocke? Voices were to some extent a phoenix from Ackercocke’s ashes.

As you likely know already, Akercocke reformed in 2016, very tight & technical band!

I like their albums 'The Goat of Mendes' and 'Choronzon' in particular. I am a bit of a sucker for blackened death metal. :p

As you likely know already, Akercocke reformed in 2016, very tight & technical band!

I like their albums 'The Goat of Mendes' and 'Choronzon' in particular. I am a bit of a sucker for blackened death metal. :p
I recall their last release had some rave reviews...
Pulled out the Voices cd this morning, looking forward to spinning that once more....i have been pretty stonked with the latest Voidhanger Cd....a long shot but you might like this as well deek :cool:

Pulled out the Voices cd this morning, looking forward to spinning that once more....i have been pretty stonked with the latest Voidhanger Cd....a long shot but you might like this as well deek :cool:

Gave 'dark days of the soul' a listen. It's okay but (without trying to sound like a dick or an old fart... or both!) I feel like I heard it before, it must be that punk influence I guess. While listening I was already looking for another Akercocke to listen to.... and Antichrist it is.

Been a really good thread this one - keep the suggestions flowing!

Gave 'dark days of the soul' a listen. It's okay but (without trying to sound like a dick or an old fart... or both!) I feel like I heard it before, it must be that punk influence they have I guess. While listening I was already looking for another Akercocke to listen to.... and Antichrist it is.

Gave 'dark days of the soul' a listen. It's okay but (without trying to sound like a dick or an old fart... or both!) I feel like I heard it before, it must be that punk influence they have I guess. While listening I was already looking for another Akercocke to listen to.... and Antichrist it is.

I did say it was a long shot Deek! I heard the punk mixed with black and thought Deek! I'm lovin' it so much I will buy the back catalogue! I do appreciate its not very original but it is loads of fun.

...seeing loads of mentions on blogs and stuff about this SLEEP you mentioned....guys seem to be doing back flips and forward rolls with this one...I need to check it out....

....and whilst I was searching the "V" section looking for the Voices cd I came across another "old" favourite Wildernessking...a South African band who have always done quality, this one is from the first album.

...seeing loads of mentions on blogs and stuff about this SLEEP you mentioned....guys seem to be doing back flips and forward rolls with this one...I need to check it out....

I've only heard the new album once. It sounded like Sleep :) check out their Holy Mountain album... regarded as the 'stoner metal' blue print. OM are worth checking out too if you dig the repetitive grooves. You won't find any blast beats here!

Good to hear the Voices again (thanks Dave) , whilst I was putting the "V" back in the rack I also noticed the Wodensthrones "Curse", Void of Sleeps "New World Order" and all the Xerath cd I haven't played in a while and I need to rectify immediately! Xerath were so underated imho....

Oh, it just came out? Interesting, I’ll get it up on Spotify when I get down to work.

I used to hear names like Xerath and Wodensthrone a lot a few years ago, but always seemed to have something I had to go and do whenever I was about to check them out, so never found a hook into them. Maybe I’ll try them too later.

Love it when you haven’t thought of a band in ages, so in the collection it stays until rediscovered.

Edge of Sanity, what a band!

advertisement

Back