advertisement

Met police to hand in weapons and stop killing black Britons

And if said vehicle shunted police vehicles in an attempt to flee? Then the police thought he was reaching for a weapon? All conjecture at this stage, we simply don’t know the full picture.
so why don't you take your own advice and stop inventing scenarios?

Well, some here seem to think the police are simply cold blooded killers of black people. I don’t believe that for one minute.
We know. But you can hardly suggest that one poster doesn't know what went on when you have spent the last 10 pages plus inventing scenarios that would justify the shooting.
"Well, maybe he had a gun"
"Well, maybe he had something that looked like a gun"
"Well, maybe he had a knife"
"Well, maybe he had a pointy stick"
" Well, maybe the car's MoT had run out ".
Give over.

We know. But you can hardly suggest that one poster doesn't know what went on when you have spent the last 10 pages plus inventing scenarios that would justify the shooting.
"Well, maybe he had a gun"
"Well, maybe he had something that looked like a gun"
"Well, maybe he had a knife"
"Well, maybe he had a pointy stick"
" Well, maybe the car's MoT had run out ".
Give over.

Whichever reason it turns out to be, I couldn’t care less what his skin colour is, which seems the most pertinent issue for some.

He might be a terrorist, he might have a bomb, he might detonate it, he's going on the tube, he might blow up the tube.

Same thing, wrong guy, no weapon, head shot...

Christ, 19 pages and you *still* miss the point? It's not about what *you* think!

I’ve repeatedly said we’ll have to wait and see what the enquiry says. Rather than an immovable and absurd view that the police murder / execute people because they’re black.

I’ve repeatedly said we’ll have to wait and see what the enquiry says. Rather than an immovable and absurd view that the police murder / execute people because they’re black.
Do you suppose the US police do that sometimes? Live on camera perchance?

History tells us that the more weaponry that is available to police the more they will use be it tear gas, taser, huge batons, guns, horses, shields, body armour etc etc, with very few controls over use or tactics. Clearly it's all driven from the Home Office i.e. Government, which itself refuses to deal with the problems thrown up. As I've said we need to go back to policing by consent with proper democratic oversight. Guns breed more guns as the US shows us and violence breeds further violence.

Of course. I judge people on what they do, not who they are. I’ll wait for the enquiry before commenting further and suggest others do too.
What I’d like to know is where you got the idea, before the inquiry, that Kaba was using the car as a weapon. Because you’ve definitely made that comment many times.

Rather than an immovable and absurd view that the police murder / execute people because they’re black.
Absurd? Tell that to any black person living in a US city. We know damn well that the US police are more likely to shoot a black man than a white one. It's absolutely not absurd to say that, it's a known fact. Motivated by fear, most probably, rather than an actual desire to "murder or execute" them.

So here's a hypothesis:
Because the Met Police are aware that there are a number of illegally held guns in London and other big cities they are afraid. This fear makes them more likely to use their own gun if they think that the suspect may be carrying a weapon. The officers may fear black men in big cars more than others, and this fear may influence their thinking and make them come to false conclusions in the heat of the moment.
You think that this is absurd? I don't. Nobody else here does either.

“I judge people on what they do, not who they are.”

Sounds like a maxim the Met could adopt.

Suella Braverman has ordered police chiefs to spend less time on “symbolic gestures” and more time on policing.

In an open letter to police leaders in England and Wales, in which she set out her policing agenda, the new home secretary said diversity and inclusion initiatives “should not take precedence” over tackling crime.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-police-symbolic-gestures-diversity-inclusion

“Unfortunately, there is a perception that the police have had to spend too much time on symbolic gestures than actually fighting criminals,” she wrote in the letter, published on Saturday.

Forget the racism guys that's fine, just don't shoot any of my family.

As I said the problems stem from the home office...

advertisement

Back