advertisement

Meridian CD200 Transport

DAVEDWACK

pfm Member
Hi,

I've just picked one up off E-bay but unfortunately without any paperwork at all.

I was wondering if anybody out there either has or has access to an original Instuction Manual etc. I've had a look on their website but they don't appear to go that far back with their manuals.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Rob,

Yep it's me, up until last Friday I believed there'd be not too much difference between any old DVD/CD going through the Benchmark DAC. Zanash who posts on here on occasion pushed his Quad CD Player through the Benchmark, I was most impressed, such that I decided to look out for a decent transport and hopefully I got one, I'm listening to it just now and frankly, although it's early days, my feeling is it might be getting close to the Vinyl...blimey, can't believe I've said that!

Anyway, thanks very much for the link, it looks a good place to go.

Cheers, Dave

Dave

Email Dave Hall at Meridian, he looks after the customer support on all the older products, I've had a few 200's and the manual isn't really anything to write home about, its only a few pages long.

They are good transports and respond well to clock mods as well

Mr.Perceptive,

That's good to know, thanks very much, I did think about whether there might be something worth modding (not by me by the way!)..can you recommend anybody..I know there's a place close to where I live.."Chevin Audio" who do various cd mods, I'll perhaps also give them a ring.

Paul....Yes you are quite correct I've already found out that my Phillips tv remote does most of the basic functions so that's a bonus, again thanks very much for the info.

Regards, Dave

Theres one over on hififorsale, its got a manual remote etc. £100. Posted yesterday, its in London.

Meridian CD200 Transport
Are spares such as laser/transport mech still available for these players?

MarkS

Thats not true!

Meridian replaced the laser mechanism on my unit less than two years ago. There are spares for some models but not others. The key here is the serial number, the first digit denotes the revision of the unit, there were two versions of the 200. The first Meridian cannot support the laser mechanism now but will support other parts. The second I believe is still supportable.

Contact Dave Hall at Meridian for further information.

Mr Perceptive said:
MarkS

Thats not true!

Meridian replaced the laser mechanism on my unit less than two years ago. There are spares for some models but not others. The key here is the serial number, the first digit denotes the revision of the unit, there were two versions of the 200. The first Meridian cannot support the laser mechanism now but will support other parts. The second I believe is still supportable.

Contact Dave Hall at Meridian for further information.

I had a long conversation with Dave, last year, on this subject and was advised that 200 series cd transports no longer available. Possible laser repair solution is to canibalise another old transport...Dave did point me to a Meridian dealer somewhere midlands way who did this kind of work, but after talking to them I lost interest.

This is always the bugger with cd players...hohum!

advertisement

Back