Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Meridian 596 optical player spares

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Chris, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris pfm Member

Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement driver/optical/sledge for a mate´s Meridian 596. The whole kaboodle needs replacing, I believe it´s a proprietary DVD/CD unit made in Korea

2. johnnym

johnnym pfm Member

3. Chris

Chris pfm Member

Thanks JohhnyM, I had already seen that thread but it´s very old. I was wondering if a fresher trail existed anywhere. Would seem that the situation is pretty dire - a question of sticking on a bit from here, another from there and hoping for the best or go aout and buy the latest model. Thank God the important bits for my VW Beetle are still readily available. Typical of this world we are living in.

4. johnnym

johnnym pfm Member

Hi Chris. Most of the relevant posts on replacement drives are only from last year? Also I'm sure you can get one of those Liteon drives that are recommended on eBay. I've seen the odd DSL-720 on eBay as well but I've always been suspicious these could be fakes.

I purchased a Liteon drive earlier this year for when my 596 gives up the ghost.

5. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

If it's the same drive as the 507 then meridian repairs have none either...

6. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

Similar subject, where does one order a Meridian 506.24 drive belt for drawer. I've tried the main dealer here in Thailand but no response from them and the website is a total jelly door knob.

7. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

Don't be shy :)

8. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

Aliexpress belt kits worst case...size of your belt minus 2mm :)

cj66 likes this.
  9. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

Good thought! Managed to get one from a local repair centre. I also needed to reglue the pulley back onto the motor spindle.
    A bit of a faff to change the belt but all good now.