advertisement

Meridian 596 optical player spares

Chris

pfm Member
Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement driver/optical/sledge for a mate´s Meridian 596. The whole kaboodle needs replacing, I believe it´s a proprietary DVD/CD unit made in Korea

Thanks JohhnyM, I had already seen that thread but it´s very old. I was wondering if a fresher trail existed anywhere. Would seem that the situation is pretty dire - a question of sticking on a bit from here, another from there and hoping for the best or go aout and buy the latest model. Thank God the important bits for my VW Beetle are still readily available. Typical of this world we are living in.

Hi Chris. Most of the relevant posts on replacement drives are only from last year? Also I'm sure you can get one of those Liteon drives that are recommended on eBay. I've seen the odd DSL-720 on eBay as well but I've always been suspicious these could be fakes.

I purchased a Liteon drive earlier this year for when my 596 gives up the ghost.

Similar subject, where does one order a Meridian 506.24 drive belt for drawer. I've tried the main dealer here in Thailand but no response from them and the website is a total jelly door knob.

Good thought! Managed to get one from a local repair centre. I also needed to reglue the pulley back onto the motor spindle.
A bit of a faff to change the belt but all good now.

advertisement

Back