advertisement

Mel Gibson to star in "Rothchild" film

love mel gibsons stuff , especially the passion , the music is superb

It will be interesting how this film develops , one of the family rented off one of the Rothschilds . who happended to be the worlds great Flea expert and the land surrounding the house contained millions of these incredible snails with amazing colours .

I can't help but believe this film, with this star, and this 'family name,' is a thinly-veiled act of public antisemitism. Qualifies just on the broad strokes and optics. We'll see about the actual script later, but even if it avoids further 'tropes,' it's still bad.

what because he has a mind of his own ,, and everything he say's will mean different things to different factions , not people but factions , the end of the day he's an actor , job done

I quite like Mel, thought Appocalyto was great piece of directing. It must be annoying to have something he did a decade ago, whist obviously at a low point in his life, constantly brought up. How would many of us feel being constantly reminded our lowest points(and there being a video of it too). He appologised, surely he deserves a chance at redemption ?

to true ,, i thought the passion of Christ was a remarkable film , upsetting powerful and honest to what you can do ,

what because he has a mind of his own ,, and everything he say's will mean different things to different factions , not people but factions , the end of the day he's an actor , job done
Why do you distinguish like that between people and factions? Was there ever a 'faction' with a mind that could have a meaning in it?

I quite like Mel, thought Appocalyto was great piece of directing. It must be annoying to have something he did a decade ago, whist obviously at a low point in his life, constantly brought up. How would many of us feel being constantly reminded our lowest points(and there being a video of it too). He appologised, surely he deserves a chance at redemption ?
Not when he's either playing off it or flaunting it.

I can't help but believe this film, with this star, and this 'family name,' is a thinly-veiled act of public antisemitism. Qualifies just on the broad strokes and optics. We'll see about the actual script later, but even if it avoids further 'tropes,' it's still bad.

seriously - give me a break .. antisemitism HOW?

what was this out of curiosity? i really liked apocalypto -thought it was brilliant and well thought out

Record in this area. What, being drunk on camera once.

Being a very devout catholic who said numerous times that he blames the Jews for the death of Christ and then made that the basis for his film.

His father who is also Catholic has made public statements that the holocaust was made up and conspiracies that the Jews are trying to take over the world.

Whether Mel was brainwashed by his father or not there's a good case that he's anti-Semitic.

These catholic antisemites forget that no crucifixion = no resurrection = no real reason for catholicism to exist.

Gibbon has never really atoned for his violence toward Oskana Grigorieva’s broken nose and black eyes which he later tried to pin on custody battle tactics — or the other women he has behaved to disgracefully throughout his career; every time he has atoned for his drinking and poor anger management but never addressed his violence towards women and general misogyny, so he can go **** himself and his attempts to whitewash his career.

advertisement

Back