advertisement

Medical evacuation vehicle for Ukraine

es.klopfte

pfm Member
Greetings all - I'm raising funds to help equip and deliver a medical evacuation vehicle for Ukraine.

I have bought a 4x4 (pictured) which I'll drive to eastern Poland, where it will be handed over to fellow volunteers who will then take it to eastern Ukraine. The idea is that it will be used as a medical evacuation vehicle to bring injured people away from the most dangerous areas of Ukraine.

Here's the link to our fundraiser: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/medical-evac-vehicle-for-luhansk-oblast

It says we're collecting money to purchase a vehicle, but by the time JustGiving approved the fundraiser I actually managed to buy one.

So instead any funds raised will be spent on medicines and equipment that will go inside the Merc, a set of winter tyres, and also help us with driving costs.

My plan is to set off on 15 December.

Many thanks for your kindness and generosity and apologies for cross-posting.

A little update - the Merc is in need of repair, so it looks like I'll be leaving later this month, not on the 15th. Here's what I've got from the mecanic:

"The belt tensioner had only been fixed with one bolt. The second bolt had sheared off. The previous mechanic bodged the job by drilling the hole so that the bolt didn’t align. Although not critical the injectors need taking out and new brass washers fitted."

I'm told the whole front will need disassembly to have this fixed, and he won't have the time to do it next week. A delay of a couple of weeks is not a huge deal, but if anyone knows of a skilled mechanic in the Reading area who's not particularly busy, pls let me know.

Cheers!

Thanks, all. There are so many people in Ukraine who need those medicines and warm clothes this winter, and children in orphanages who will enjoy the toys and Maltesers!

Btw, I realise the last two pics are from Germany, not Poland, but when I parked in Przemysl town centre it turned out to be a disabled space! Too embarrassing to share.

In the end, the Merc got sent to my native Zaporizhzhia region (which is something I was perfectly happy not to have any say in) - and here are some pictures of it doing its job. Google "Orikhiv" if you want to find out what the Russians have done to it, the town's been almost completely obliterated. We've got refugees from Orikhiv living in my mother's and my aunt's flats in Zaporizhzhia.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 12.35.05

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 12.35.06

WhatsAp3p Image 2024-01-25 at 12.35.06

advertisement

Back