advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XXII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes – please don’t tell Fusion that I’ve borrowed his resistors for awhile….

Don't be silly John, that's fine with me! :)

Can't wait to hear how the other resistors effect SQ.

Is my MDAC equipped with bad blue resistors too?

Don't be silly John, that's fine with me! :)

Can't wait to hear how the other resistors effect SQ.

Is my MDAC equipped with bad blue resistors too?

Thank you - it would take me about 2 days to rebuild your MDAC to the current level even before I get to fit the Fusion resistors! I'm sure its not only me that's interested in hearing how they sound (no pun intended) :) - lucky me!

I don't recall your MDAC sounding constrained like the pair of Black units I have ATM so I don't expect your unit to have the Blue resistors - but I've not opened your unit yet to confirm...

We would be very happy to have you visit us here in Czech!!! - a trip to the mountains is called for! Then I can dream of our future house :)

Blimey, I knew you were mates, but getting a house together, isn't it too soon?

It’s STUPIDLY good!!! I CANNOT believe how good even Johan’s unit now sounds (even with what ever is still “constraining” it) - I simply cannot! The amount of pure resolution these 4 resistors have brought to the table! ...

Very exciting times!
I've been keeping a quiet watch on the thread, but I must break my silence to add my whole-hearted appreciation for all the effort, commitment and obvious passion being poured in to this by John and all involved, particularly Fusion & Steven.

A HUGE thank you from me!

John: Clearly it pays to be further down the list, but I'm now busting to know - where am I in the queue ?

John is mine included in the 13 returned so far
. Or are you talking about the 13 after the first batch.

Please pardon my confusion :confused: :)

CZ is a very liberal country, you know, and there are tax advantages in troilism.

Fwoor! He can upgrade my resistors any day...
Or buff off my flux off.
Or sync my master clock.
or... oh, I've run out of innuendo :(

On a different matter, I know things have quickly moved on now from the Dale v Tyco sound signature debate, but if a similar question comes up again, my take on this would be to use whatever is the best match for the MIMP as the default - as that's exactly where many of us are intending to go with our systems as soon as they're available. Or maybe it's not as simple as that?

For those still interested in the 'original' upgrade, I've had a chance to listen to the M-dac in my second stuff now (AVI Trios and and a BK Electronics MXF900 power amp ).

The extra layering on baroque strings is most welcome, the Brandenburg Concertos are sounding noticeably bigger and more subtle. The cello bits especially are more easily isolated, with the violins being to the left and sparkling in the best fashion.

My favourite peice of music has become even more so.

Cheers, John. If you're getting them to sound even better than this, then the very best of luck to you.

Shame you don't have a machine to plug the bits in for you.

The extra layering on baroque strings is most welcome, the Brandenburg Concertos are sounding noticeably bigger and more subtle. The cello bits especially are more easily isolated, with the violins being to the left and sparkling in the best fashion.

My favourite peice of music has become even more so.

Arthur:

Which recording do you listen to? It'll be interesting to hear it when my MDAC comes back.

- Richard.

Yeah, I know. If I understood him correctly, he is replacing addional 4 resistors.

John, are those 4 included in the 36 I ordered replacements for?

IIRC the 36 were in the "direct audiopath"; the 4 blue ones in a feedback loop.
So darn, we'd need more replaced.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back