advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XXII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ian,

Before we ship out the upgraded units we listen to them "Configured" to my preferred settings (And V0.90 software)... its not to say that this will be the best for your system... but its a starting point :)

Your units been upgrade with the resistors (WAD + Jem's) so I hope they sound good (Made in Mexico)... From past experiences I've been happy with the resistor type... Not listened yet... (I also ordered a different type to try if the results are not good).

Hi Ian,

Before we ship out the upgraded units we listen to them "Configured" to my preferred settings (And V0.90 software)... its not to say that this will be the best for your system... but its a starting point :)

Exactly! :)

About time somebody upgraded Darth Vader's sound output. Always sounded a bit too ... dark - to my taste anyway.
Darth Vader grabs Luke and whispers "I know what you're getting for Christmas!"
Luke exclaims "But how?"
"It's true Luke, *breath* I know what you're getting for Christmas.*breath*"
Luke pulls away and shouts "How could you know?"
Vader leans forward and says, "I felt your presents."
:D

Looking for Happy Bunny emoticon. Failing.
THANK YOU!
(So possibly sending it off this Monday??)

Yes, that's the plan :)

Your MDAC' PCB still drying after washing to remove Flux - tomorrow is listening day... in fact if all goes will we can ship on Sunday.

JohanH unit is also powered to allow the unit to warm up / run-in... I'd like to listen first before replacing the relay.

JohanH,

Your unit arrived today - are you aware that your unit is set to the Sharp Rolloff filter? This is one of the worst sounding filters - and does indeed sound fatiguing - I cannot listen to it for more then 5 minutes without feeling the need to torture a poor cuddly Kitten...

A.10 Software, Sharp Roll Off & D3E set to "Leave unmodified" are not settings that I'd consider would give the smoothest sound... So I'm wondering if you will ever like the sound of the L2MDAC upgrade as your apparent "Preferred settings" are very different to the direction of the upgraded SQ :( the Fast Filter is just horrid.... Here Kitty Kitty....

Obviously, I hope I'm mistaken...

Hello John,

in the days before shipping it back I tried all the settings to see if it would improve. First few days I didn't change the settings that you shipped it back with. The settings you've found are just a result of trying them all. Normally I'd prefer OT XD.

Your units been upgrade with the resistors (WAD + Jem's) so I hope they sound good (Made in Mexico)... From past experiences I've been happy with the resistor type... Not listened yet... (I also ordered a different type to try if the results are not good).

'Mexican Resistors'... The Zapata upgrade!!!

Not long now... hope you managed to clear up the 'mess' in my MDAC John :)

'Mexican Resistors'... The Zapata upgrade!!!

Not long now... hope you managed to clear up the 'mess' in my MDAC John :)

Already cleaned your unit up (Now perfect :) - just in the process of listening to the various units...

The Wailin' Jennys ? :cool:

Yes - but ATM "When Love Comes to Town" Jonny Lang & Joss Stone... Its quite complex recording - good for evaluating different aspects of the SQ.

Its a very good recording - with the very end portion where the musicians are chatting to each other as the track winds down is great for sound stage / position placement...

Anyone else have visions of them lined up on the draining board in the kitchen by the sink?

Not far from it, Poor Renata - there where 3 boards lined up drying - almost knocked them over like dominoes...

Back to listening... have to wait between each modification to allow the unit to warm-up alittle before comparing to the reference unit.

Yes - but ATM "When Love Comes to Town" Jonny Lang & Joss Stone... Its quite complex recording - good for evaluating different aspects of the SQ.

Its a very good recording - with the very end portion where the musicians are chatting to each other as the track winds down is great for sound stage / position placement...

Cowboy Junkies- one soul now-bonus tracks 'neath your covers' is good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back