advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MPAX is not a DC supply but a multi rail current source - the MPAX "upgrade" PCB internal to the MDAC is an I to V converter, it converts the High Impedance current to a regulated Low impedance voltage source - this removes the resitance of the interconnection between the external supply and the MDAC - also offers the lowest impedance to the mainboard.

I can however modify your MDAC's existing input board for DC input as I've done on Sam unit?

Is it possible to receive an additional DC board that I could switch with the original one if needed?

PS: Can you post specs of a DC source for such board so that I can estimate costs of such a PSU?

Thanks!

Hi Sam Cat, how are you getting on with the MDAC USB3 issue?
I have both USB3 and 2 on my desktop and can't get it to work at all with either. I don't know enough about computers to start fiddling around with system settings and BIOS. My Vista laptop works fine running Jriver 15 via USB2. I've pretty much given up trying to use the MDAC with my desktop in the office, which is a shame, as its the best place for it at the minute.

Didn't get a chance to even think about it last night, maybe after work today..

What problems are you having with it and your desktop machine? It should work on usb2.

Thanks! I think I'll be needing 5 rail also if I order a DC input board from John... so 3 x +15V positive and 2 x -15V, right?

Is it possible to receive an additional DC board that I could switch with the original one if needed?

PS: Can you post specs of a DC source for such board so that I can estimate costs of such a PSU?

Thanks!

I cannot really afford to send you a board, I don't have spares, rather I'd have to pull apart one of my own units - I can however convert your own board.

Once we start upgrading MDAC to MPAX spec then we will have plenty of unwanted standard boards pulled from the MDAC's during the upgrade.

Hi John
Im interested in this method as well. Please pm me the total price including the full max ultimate mod with av bypass. It will be ship to Singapore if not too much troublesom by speed post.

thanks.

Mav

OK, I'll talk with Audiolab and see if I can purchase new units directly from them.

Black or Silver?

Same as you Sam Cat, music breaking up, flushing buffer. It's unlistenable. I can't get my head round why. All the settings in Jriver are the same in both machines. I have both USB 3 and USB 2 on the desktop, and have ensured it is plugged into a USB 2 port.

Hi John
Im interested in this method as well. Please pm me the total price including the full max ultimate mod with av bypass. It will be ship to Singapore if not too much troublesom by speed post.

thanks.

Mav

I will be interested as well. Even if the item had to be sent to UK and then send to Singapore via Vpost etc.

Over the past week I've worked though the first MDAC upgrade and most are on there way over to us now :)

I'd like to get all units upgraded and shipped from Czech before the Munich show as we will loose a week while we attend the show.

Below is an invitation for the next 10 :) on the upgrade list (the last batch of upgrades this side of the Munich show).

EIffel

Alan Brown

therixonator (James)

@home

Ian M

jamjar784

amershamman (Chris)

jirij

mnewbould

00fiete Christian

If your on the list and its convenient to arrange the upgrade at this time then, Pls. PM me here on PFM - thank you :)

I will be interested as well. Even if the item had to be sent to UK and then send to Singapore via Vpost etc.

cstanpfm, mavwong,

I'll discuss with Audiolab / IAG during the Munich show to see if we can arrange new units for upgrade.

They can be shipped direct from Czech Rep. to you, but you would have to pay the import Duty + Tax etc...

Any warranty issues however, the MDAC's would need to be returned to Czech rep. at your expense for service - although we would thoroughly test the units for a week or so before despatching to you to reduce the possibility of the known MDAC issues such as the sticky relays or weak Crystals…

amershamman,

Tried to reply to your PM you but your PFM account is set not to allow incoming PM :)

cstanpfm, mavwong,

I'll discuss with Audiolab / IAG during the Munich show to see if we can arrange new units for upgrade.

They can be shipped direct from Czech Rep. to you, but you would have to pay the import Duty + Tax etc...

Any warranty issues however, the MDAC's would need to be returned to Czech rep. at your expense for service - although we would thoroughly test the units for a week or so before despatching to you to reduce the possibility of the known MDAC issues such as the sticky relays or weak Crystals…

Hi John...this is great news.

What happens to our original PCB btw? Send it back to you?

Would it be easier if I send to Dominik if he is in China etc?

I travel to Shenzhen once a month.

Hi John...this is great news.

What happens to our original PCB btw? Send it back to you?

Would it be easier if I send to Dominik if he is in China etc?

I travel to Shenzhen once a month.

Sorry maybe a misunderstanding here - I thought we where talking about whole new unit...

If yuo where thinking to just ship you MDAC's Mainboard, I'm not sure how practical that would be for you... The MDAC's Mainboard would require protection with an ESD bag (the type supplied protecting a PC motherboard would do)... and the Mainboard would need to be well packed so its not damaged during shipping....

Sorry, away from the phone, dont worry I have you in mind when I arrange to buy new stock MDACs from IAG... :)

And me as well, as I think I was the first to request this as an option. Do you know the pricing for the units?

stellablues (usa) as you call me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back