advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem - as I say if you have any problems just let me know, and I'll make some calls for you.

Once again I'm very sorry for the inconvenience - and thank you for purchasing the MDAC :)

John

Hello again,

Just to give you an update, I got my replacement M-DAC very promptly.
My broken 'No Comms' unit was picked up on the 23/11 and my replacement arrived today on the 28/11, very pleased with the quick service.

I know I'm just being a bit 'arsey' and nit-picking now but I just wondered if this is anything you have come across before John. With my new unit if I put it on a flat surface it doesn't sit flat, if you put your hand on the top of the unit it moves from side to side diagonally as if the feet are of different lengths, although they seem to all be of the same length. I guess it's as if the whole unit is warped in some way, this isn't really a problem I just wondered if you knew how I could correct it.

Unit is playing so far so good though :)

Thanks for all the help by the way!

I know I'm just being a bit 'arsey' and nit-picking now but I just wondered if this is anything you have come across before John. With my new unit if I put it on a flat surface it doesn't sit flat, if you put your hand on the top of the unit it moves from side to side diagonally as if the feet are of different lengths, although they seem to all be of the same length. I guess it's as if the whole unit is warped in some way, this isn't really a problem I just wondered if you knew how I could correct it.

Support it on three foam/whatever feet?

- Richard.

Am I just the most unluckiest person in the world or something, or am I missing something really simple here. My remote control doesn't even seem to work on my replacement unit, I have tried both the batteries that came with the unit and some out of my TV remote and there is just no response what-so-ever, I have tested the batteries in a battery 'tester' and they all have charge inside them and yet the remote doesn't work, I have tried volume, changing inputs, mute, etc ...

Is this the second of the 2 faults you were talking about?

This really isn't going well for me.... :(

Try looking at the remote through a mobile phone camera whilst pushing buttons.. Mobile cameras can see the infrared. :)

Try looking at the remote through a mobile phone camera whilst pushing buttons.. Mobile cameras can see the infrared. :)

Am I the only one who just tested that? There is my new knowledge for the day.

Sam where is the DC+Sov M-DAC review???

Am I the only one who just tested that? There is my new knowledge for the day.

Sam where is the DC+Sov M-DAC review???

Soon... Decorating is now done and it's (literally) right in front of me. Having a headache with the amb e24 circuit so just had to bypass that. :)

sam_cat - I thought you were taking the the mick at first but tried it and the remote flashed when used when viewing it through the camera.

So I guess the remote itself is sending signals and working, just now the unit starting picking up the signals too and I was able to change volume and mute the device for a minute or so, now once again there is no response from the unit (when using the remote) but when viewing the remote through a camera it still flashes.

Jimmy P, can you open the case and make sure the diode is behind the window on the unit. It might just not be quite lined up with the little window on the front panel.

Hi does it work by standing to the right of the MDAC and using the remote from a low position ?

Looks like the sensor is off centre.

Could try banging it on the right hand side ! (against something soft)

just checked and mine looks the same though.

No I've tried aiming from every single angle imaginable. When the remote worked for like 30 seconds I was able to aim from any angle pretty much and it worked.

Maybe I should get one from John's house since this is my second faulty unit :(
Anyway, bed for now I'll check back here tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys,

Jimmy

Please may I ask a quick question? Apologies it's off topic, but this may be of use to anyone else who still uses cd's:

Would a solution of fabric softener and water be as effective as expensive cd anti-static sprays? To my mind, something that removes static from clothing would work on cd's (and cables, equipment casework etc.). I would be very grateful for any thoughts...

Cheers,
Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back