advertisement

MDAC first listen (part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Could someone point me to the MDAC update software?, its not on Audiolabs site. It has taken to losing lock on USB audio, removing the USB cable and plugging it back in restores audio, and I understand that the update cures this problem. I understand I will have to boot my machine in into Windows for the first time in months but expecting a Linux update program is most likely beyond futile.

BR

Russel

Hi,

Could someone point me to the MDAC update software?, its not on Audiolabs site. It has taken to losing lock on USB audio, removing the USB cable and plugging it back in restores audio, and I understand that the update cures this problem. I understand I will have to boot my machine in into Windows for the first time in months but expecting a Linux update program is most likely beyond futile.

BR

Russel

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1700951&postcount=426

My M-DAC has restarted itself twice past 24 hours. Hoping it's just a fluke -- haven't had any problems (apart from the left channel crackling) in the few months I have owned mine.

Running v0.96/v0.96 and Raw Digital Supply is +15.6~7v.

My M-DAC has restarted itself twice past 24 hours. Hoping it's just a fluke -- haven't had any problems (apart from the left channel crackling) in the few months I have owned mine.

Running v0.96/v0.96 and Raw Digital Supply is +15.6~7v.

Rebooting suggest's your mains power had dropped out.

I suspected that too but none of the other devices in the household lost power.

Most likely other devices in our household use switching supply's - these can operate over a very wide voltage range - universal AC input (or dont care too much about there AC input).

We have to detected a voltage drop before the voltage to the MDAC is below a minimal level where we cannot shutdown in a controlled manor - with no thumps etc... We have no way of knowing if the power will be restored...

The MDAC shuts down around 12V, so you must have something horrid happening with your mains - has there been storms in the area? (where are you located)?

Most likely other devices in our household use switching supply's - these can operate over a very wide voltage range - universal AC input (or dont care too much about there AC input).

We have to detected a voltage drop before the voltage to the MDAC is below a minimal level where we cannot shutdown in a controlled manor - with no thumps etc... We have no way of knowing if the power will be restored...

The MDAC shuts down around 12V, so you must have something horrid happening with your mains - has there been storms in the area? (where are you located)?

I live in Finland and I don't recall there being storms. Anyway, since this morning it hasn't been happening so maybe there were some problems with the power yesterday.

I just installed Foobar and Asio support + Asio4ALL driver. The problem is MDAC shows 24bit 48Khz with my 16bit 44.1Khz music files. Changing to WASAPI shows correct 16bit 44,1Khz. I followed the MDAC manual to setup foobar with Asio. Am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back