advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My payments so far is £6755 and I have received one MiniStreamer so the balance is £6570.

I will wait this out and give John the time he needs to finish and deliver.
That’s a massive investment but I believe your approach is the correct one and the only one likely to lead to a satisfactory conclusion.

My payments so far is £6755 and I have received one MiniStreamer so the balance is £6570.

I will wait this out and give John the time he needs to finish and deliver.
:(,wow. My parents house cost less in the 1970’s. I salute you for your patience and belief that one day you will get what you have paid for.

£400 in total (I think) for one MDAC2 upgrade. I feel that John is focussed on this now, and I can't believe he want to carry on dragging this out anymore than we do. This is no way for either him or us to lead our lives.

£500 for MDAC first payment September 2013, last January 2016.
£50 for Detox August 2015.
£370 for salvaged MDAC.

Total of £920.

I would prefer a standalone Detox to use with my current MDAC.

Tony L thank you for your work.

My payments:

£300 MDAC L2, first 3 installments (08-09-2014)
£100 MDAC L3, fourth installment (04-09-2015)
£50 Detox (04-09-2015)

Total £450

I would like to go for a FDAC.

I will wait and give John time to finish and deliver.

Paid all installments for L3 FDAC + Phono stage £600
Detox £50
Salvaged MDAC £370

I don't do Facebook for various reasons.

Doing a very rough tally there has been a LOT of cash invested!

A year or so back we estimated around £ 60/70 K.

There are many who have not provided details yet.

Though for balance this is less than one piece of machinery that JW. has invested in .

This does not balance the discontent of funders however.

I suspect it's over £100k. According to the list there are 141 MDAC2 sponsors who have more than likely invested a minimum of £400 each (£56.4k) plus 15 in for VFET's at £2300 (£34.5k) so there's £90k for starters.

Having said that, the total is pretty irrelevant whether is £30k or £130k.

Any chance of a breakdown of what products that £6570 was for?
OK here it goes:
2 x VFET amps £4600
2 x all installments for L3 FDAC + Phono stage £1200
2 x Detox £100
1 x Streamer £185
1 x DevDAC £300
So the correct number is £6385 Think I forgot to subtract the Streamer I have received.

I suspect it's over £100k. According to the list there are 141 MDAC2 sponsors who have more than likely invested a minimum of £400 each (£56.4k) plus 15 in for VFET's at £2300 (£34.5k) so there's £90k for starters.

Having said that, the total is pretty irrelevant whether is £30k or £130k.
Agree the balance is irrelevant. Way more has been spend on machinery and development.

Agree the balance is irrelevant. Way more has been spend on machinery and development.

John didn't need to buy a pick and place machine and a reflow oven and I doubt it will get thrown away afterwards anyway, same as can be said for phase noise analysers and such like.

Thanks once again folks. I am working away behind the scenes on assembling this stuff and I will attempt to publish the new thread on Thursday, at which point this one will close as it has served its purpose.

Can I also request people give me an indication of what has been delivered, i.e. what products actually exist and have been shipped to you. Again please realise I am largely flying in the dark here, but I am determined that the new thread be impartial and unbiased so I do certainly want to document the positive too. If you got what you wanted and are happy please let me count you too! I gather from the above some folk must have Streamers, which is a product I’ve not got round to documenting at all yet and I don’t really understand where it fits in the grand scheme of things.

PS I fully expect to have to considerably revise and rework the the new thread once published, but that is absolutely fine. I will inevitably have missed miles of stuff and misunderstood much more. Please view it as a work in progress with the intended aim of assembling the most relevant facts in one place. We will get there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back