advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 4+ years waiting for a DETOX,
giphy.gif
May you all be young enough to see this project to fruition.

Well its quite obvious that you have NOT flown recently - during the trip I've been trough 8 airport security checks, each one wanting to remove laptops etc... Plus the fact I travel with hand baggage only, which loaded with samples and brochures from the shows I have to be mindful of the weight limits... I dont want to add the extra weight of my 17" laptop...

So StephenB your really making a fool of yourself... nothing but hate... it really gets tiresome... I was being polite to let others know I'd be away from FB for a week while on a trip meeting vendors etc. and you somehow have to turn it around to a negative... Well I hope your proud of yourself.

After 4+ years waiting for a DETOX,
giphy.gif
May you all be young enough to see this project to fruition.

Earlier this week I met with a vendor in Asia who would manufacture the 10Pcs or so Detox Chassis for those who are not MDAC2 / FDAC sponsors... (Detox built into the DAC).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hssxf7afiiv34p1/Detox CNC Vendor.png?dl=0

I'm arranging 10pcs and will collect them on my next trip to Asia before Christmas...

So Standalone Detox is not "Forgotten".... shipping Packaging might be a generic white box as MOQ is 100pcs...

A trip involving 8 airports and only hand luggage, I could do with you giving my wife some packing tips....

A trip involving 8 airports and only hand luggage, I could do with you giving my wife some packing tips....

Flying is sadly no longer fun or easy since 911... not only airport security, but with tight interconnections you can be with the last to board and find no space left in overhead bins for your luggage, especially on local flights...

in fact we missed our first interconnect flight due to "operational reasons" and arrived 8 hours later via a VERY convoluted route.... well 600 Euro compensation, but we still lost 1 show day out of 5 days on the ground :(

Glad you got back in one piece John; albeit a complimentary Asian bug asaid ...hope the weekend brings better health !

What other updates from the trip? Are we any closer to getting anything delivered? Have the latest spin of the etch been received?

Flying is sadly no longer fun or easy since 911... not only airport security, but with tight interconnections you can be with the last to board and find no space left in overhead bins for your luggage, especially on local flights...

in fact we missed our first interconnect flight due to "operational reasons" and arrived 8 hours later via a VERY convoluted route.... well 600 Euro compensation, but we still lost 1 show day out of 5 days on the ground :(
Compensation for VERY convoluted route? fancy that...

Glad you got back in one piece John; albeit a complimentary Asian bug asaid ...hope the weekend brings better health !
Thanks :) have the PCB's in front of me, but sweating buckets with fever - not the best condition for working with fine pitch SMD...

Its too toxic here - I did try to be more active here on PFM but sadly with the same old... so I'll post progress updates on the FB group...

Its too toxic here - I did try to be more active here on PFM but sadly with the same old... so I'll post progress updates on the FB group...

<moderating>

John, if you abandon people on this site who have invested good money in a project you have entirely failed to deliver I guarantee you this thread will follow you around for life. You retract the above now or this thread gets renamed to ‘John Westlake DAC designer legal action’ and I start encouraging my members to organise a class action suit against you. I promise this will be your top google hit until you satisfy those who have paid you. Deliver what you owe, either in product or as refund, and then you get a choice in things. That is the order of business here.

I am absolutely sick to bloody death of hosting this thread and of your attitude to my site’s members who’s only mistake was to trust and invest in you. If you take people’s money, and to my understanding you have taken £thousands from people here, you do not get to walk away on your terms. That will not happen. You will find I have a say in this too!

PS For clarity: John Westlake does not hold a current pfm Trade Account and has not done so for three or four years now. He does not in any way represent the good name of pink fish media in any context and never has done. I will do everything necessary to distance my business and site from this man’s behaviour and to support those who have invested good money in him.

You should have some understanding for people/your customers who don't want to use facebook. Hardly any week passes in which the incomprehensible conditions / business practices of the owner and his company become known.
I can't help it if it takes you years to develop a DAC. You may have good reasons for the long development time. Maybe at the end of the day these are also good for us. In the sense of the result. But that has yet to be proven.
On the Internet it has unfortunately become normal that idiots have to tell their useless opinions about all sorts of topics over and over again. We must probably live with it. But you should share your progress with customers who don't want to use facebook (see above). And don't ban the messenger from the FB group. So probably (?) happened in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back