advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough: just speculating about possible solutions. Point taken.
Its a good idea, and if the shielding enclosures where available at the time of the Detox PCB design I would have used them.

I could redesign the Detox PCB, but first we need to complete the MDAC1.5 / 2... if demand still justifys, then we could consider respining the Detox PCB... even with some of the latest design developments.

Tomorrow we issues PCB files for the Second revision spin of DevDACII and the smaller SE DAC board... once we have the bench results of these boards we will respin the DevDACII into MDAC1.5

I'm making good progress with the updates to the MDAC2 PCB design.

Last edited:
Since I'm undoubtedly on John Westlake's ignore list can someone please ask him about expected delivery dates. Feel free to cut and paste the text from my last post.

Just rip all the pages of of next years diary throw them all in a hat and pick one out at random, it’s most likely as accurate as you will get.

After 6 years I’d like to know what John Westlake has completed on the MDac2 project - NASA designed and build a rocket to take men to the moon quicker.

I'm not on facebook and haven't been for years, I wouldn't reactivate my account for any reason, let alone for a project that I signed up for here.

I met John in person a few years ago and he is a very likable person, but I've pretty much given up all hope on this now. Even if a new MDAC was delivered to me right now I wouldn't have anything to connect it too and no longer have a need for it, my excitement faded years ago.

If it does materialise then I won't know what to do, as it sounds like it will require a lot more money to pay for the now inflated build cost.

I'm not on facebook and haven't been for years, I wouldn't reactivate my account for any reason, let alone for a project that I signed up for here.

I met John in person a few years ago and he is a very likable person, but I've pretty much given up all hope on this now. Even if a new MDAC was delivered to me right now I wouldn't have anything to connect it too and no longer have a need for it, my excitement faded years ago.

If it does materialise then I won't know what to do, as it sounds like it will require a lot more money to pay for the now inflated build cost.

I’m holding out for the FDAC in the hope that it will be so far into the future I might need it.

Have you?

Cant see a citation where this thread is only for people who have been mugged off though. Can you show me it? Or is that a form of censorship to try and keep this a bit of a forum secret? As you don't own or moderate any part of this forum, not sure why you are creating a rule..unless you have vested interest in ensuring this dosent go widely public?

Will definitely drop this a journo at The Mail though, they love this sorta thing. Maybe it would help matters.
You seem to be a fan of “The Mail”. Makes me think of a track on Exiles on Main Street. Can you guess which one?

I'm sure you are not the only development sponsor in this position - and I have two routes to resolve the issue:-

1. MDAC1.5 is a reduced cost design that attempts to offer a significant performance upgrade but at a reduced cost. The MDAC2 Digital Direct output stage, advanced Clock options, streamer, updated front panel & DSP etc. are not offered.

2. MDAC2 production Qtys. will be limited to the number of original project sponsored. I can see a situation that there will be renewed interest in units once the first units are shipped to the original project sponsors. For those who no longer want there production position we can pass it onto new customers and return the development sponsorship payment (to the original holder).

I am another Detox only "investor". I am also not a Facebook user and rarely visit this thread either. I have no interest in any of the other products being developed and have been waiting quite patiently for however many years it is now.

If the Detox will now never be produced then so be it, but it is not acceptable that this fundamental change was made without receiving any direct notification about it, and it is obviously very unacceptable that my development contribution has instead funded part of another product which I am not getting. So I certainly consider that I must be refunded if no Detox is produced.

John, what's is your estimated price for the MDAC 1.5 on top of my £400 design assistance contribution?

I hope I'm going to be proven wrong here, but putting a final price or even an expected final price on a product is only likely when we are reaching some form of completion, does anyone [ investors/supporters ] really think we are at that stage yet ?

I see another year slipping by yet again :(

When's Munich?

I've supported John over the years, but I've had enough. So many years in and we've almost got a prototype. Perhaps it's time for him to apologise and knock the whole thing on the head.

I hope I'm going to be proven wrong here, but putting a final price or even an expected final price on a product is only likely when we are reaching some form of completion, does anyone [ investors/supporters ] really think we are at that stage yet ?

As Johnny Logan once sang....

When's Munich?

I've supported John over the years, but I've had enough. So many years in and we've almost got a prototype. Perhaps it's time for him to apologise and knock the whole thing on the head.

The problem is John doesn't think there is a problem.

I don't think we're anywhere close to having product. If a working prototype ever sees the light of day (not just a pcb, but working front panel and software) I reckon it'll be a good 6 months after that before we get real units.

There is news on Facebook couple of days ago, PCB files sent for DevDACII aka MDAC1.5 penultimately

quoted from the facebook page "I'll be in HK / China for a week or so to meet with vendors For MDAC1.5 /2, so I'll not post much as I'm not dragging the Laptop to China...

it's the camera thing all over again ………..:), I for one am going to struggle without Johns frequent updates

has me wondering a bit about his phone though...……...
DomJoly-136422423826702601

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back