advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear John,
I now come here 3 or 4 times per year (used to be per day) to look for any progress and found this to brighten up my hopes:

The plan is MDAC2 and VFETS this year

...but, instead I believe it to be both funny and sad because your wrote that same line 4 years ago.

A couple of months ago, I was stunned to find I couldn't hear any sounds above 14KHz anymore (I used to go all the way up to 20KHz).
Maybe having an MDAC2 one day wouldn't make much of a difference to me after all.
This is a sad business.

Michael

I wouldn't worry too much about sound > 14KHz, nice to have but musically not much interesting going on IME. All the good stuff is well down the frequency range, and my crap detector still works quite well ;)

An old guy I bumped into at the Munich show this year and last year at the hotel is using a hearing aid, but he claims that he can definitely hear the difference between the systems. So there is still hope for the rest of us when the day comes.

He told me that the best system he heard this year was in the Gryphon room. But to late for me to have a listen because the next morning when I went there all seats was booked the hole day.
But I remembered this when a class A/B Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated turned up on the secondhand marked near me and started reading about it and finally bought it.
It is a very very good temporary upgrade before VFET and it will also make a far more interesting comparison than the amps it replaced.

nLBPpDU.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/nLBPpDU.gifv

give the man a chance to read through approx. 100 offers to get oot :)

he can have mine at full price but reckon he's already been inundated with offers at less than that
Full price? I had assumed that Mdac2 positions were trading at a premium. @ti33er always seems confident- surely he is just waiting to hoover up any available positions.

Full price? I had assumed that Mdac2 positions were trading at a premium. @ti33er always seems confident- surely he is just waiting to hoover up any available positions.

If only I had the money...my Wifey just ordered another expensive holiday in Majorca; and another in Lanzarote which she thinks is essential ...she scoffed at my idea of ceiling speakers even though she watched a lot of movies with me :)

Ps. Now I have no money and need to work overtime for months

If only I had the money...my Wifey just ordered another expensive holiday in Majorca; and another in Lanzarote which she thinks is essential ...she scoffed at my idea of ceiling speakers even though she watched a lot of movies with me :)

Ps. Now I have no money and need to work overtime for months
Shame about the ceiling speakers: I'm quite a fan as they sound pretty decent and work well for just surrounding you with sound without setting off too many tweak/upgrade impulses.
I hope that at least you get to go on the holidays.

Lol, actually I want them for ATMOS ...but she thinks £5–10K on holidays is more important ;-) ...I’m going on one of them at least, begrudgingly...as I will never see these ceiling wonders, not this nor maybe even next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back