advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news .... news ..... news ..... news ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ :rolleyes:

You have a lot of free time. How about video games?

Great news .... news ..... news ..... news ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ :rolleyes:

Since Christmas I've been working with MDAC2 Prototype clock circuit - the results are good with lots of development feedback requiring design modification. The prototyped circuits has highlighted the need for better thermal management of the reference clock - I hope to have the updated schematics by the end of the week.

Sorry John I have PM'd you asking you for instructions on how to update the Streambox to the general release version so that I can stay on the updates bandwagon with the Pro-Ject S2 Ultra crowd.

Hi there, I was a passive reader in this forum so far and became a happy owner of an MDAC. Since yesterday I'm not that happy as I get no sound out of the unit. Symptoms: turns on just fine but remote does not work, device does not show up in the USB device listing on my linux box, no sound with any input. Already reset the unit with no success. Please help.
Hopefully this is the right place to post this issue.

Thanks
Thomas

Sorry John I have PM'd you asking you for instructions on how to update the Streambox to the general release version so that I can stay on the updates bandwagon with the Pro-Ject S2 Ultra crowd.

I'll PM you with instructions on how to enable Beta Tester mode on your unit - please understand that as a Beta tester you may encounter a few unknown bugs - the nature of Beta releases...

Hi there, I was a passive reader in this forum so far and became a happy owner of an MDAC. Since yesterday I'm not that happy as I get no sound out of the unit. Symptoms: turns on just fine but remote does not work, device does not show up in the USB device listing on my linux box, no sound with any input. Already reset the unit with no success. Please help.
Hopefully this is the right place to post this issue.

Thanks
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

This appears to be a hardware fault - your unit will require service. If your located in the Czech Rep. I can take a look at your unit - otherwise best to return to AudioLab.

I'll PM you with instructions on how to enable Beta Tester mode on your unit - please understand that as a Beta tester you may encounter a few unknown bugs - the nature of Beta releases...

Oh no - don't put me on the Beta train - I just want to be on the Pro-Ject S2 Ultra channel - so that I can get the latest stable updates John.

Beammeup, Just goto the Check updates Tab under the system settings to confirm if your on the latest update (check to New Update).

There is a fairly new Beta update available with lots on additions / improvements so there well be an official release soon (if not already).

Hi Thomas,

This appears to be a hardware fault - your unit will require service. If your located in the Czech Rep. I can take a look at your unit - otherwise best to return to AudioLab.

Hi John, thanks for the swift answer. I'm close to Czech republic - Bavaria, but still probably too long of a ride. Is there any use in opening up the unit to look for obvious issues? I remember that I had this issue in the past and solved it by leaving the unit alone and only use the switch of my power strip.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

It's a shame that the Czech Rep doesn't have a postal service otherwise this would have been simple.:rolleyes:

DHL is shipping to Czech republic:). JohnW: would be wonderful if you accept a repair request. I'll definitely pay for repair and shipping. Received an out-of-office mail from IAG in Germany:(.

DHL is shipping to Czech republic:). JohnW: would be wonderful if you accept a repair request. I'll definitely pay for repair and shipping. Received an out-of-office mail from IAG in Germany:(.

OK - If your really keen then I can take a look at your MDAC :) - I'll PM you the shipping address.

Reactions: Joe
JohnW: You saved my weekend. I opened it up today without finding anything obvious. I'll pack it up and wait for your PM. Thanks so much.

Hi I haven't been on here for ages and just looking in see if any progress has been made with the Mdac2, originally signed up to the Mdac2 what changed to the Fdac and now it looks like it's back to the Mdac2. Is there any chance the Mdac2 will be ready this year. Will the PCB be in a new case or will we be using our Mdac cases as it was originally planned.

I sent a request to join the Facebook page weeks ago but I haven't my request actioned so far.

Hi I haven't been on here for ages and just looking in see if any progress has been made with the Mdac2, originally signed up to the Mdac2 what changed to the Fdac and now it looks like it's back to the Mdac2. Is there any chance the Mdac2 will be ready this year. Will the PCB be in a new case or will we be using our Mdac cases as it was originally planned.

I sent a request to join the Facebook page weeks ago but I haven't my request actioned so far.
You're too serious, people coming here for "good news" only, never product!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back