advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone else in wondering about the connectors on the latest FDAC renderings:

Edit: The "Balanced Clock Out" is part of the master/slave system. It's an output on the master and input on the slave(s).

Edit2: "USB Audio In" is actually a bidirectional interface. Depending on the software it could allow you to access FDAC inputs from your computer.

I had not seen the connector list, and am quite intrigued by the assignable TOSLINK I/Os as well as the service interface (I would also presume their will be a trigger in somewhere, not that I need it)

Pity that the SD Card slot is at the back. I can picture us all hunting for dropped cards among the cables and on the floor.

Think of it less as music storage and more like operating system storage

I think quite a few of us are thinking of it as music storage. Intuitively you would think that the SQ will be better from the on board SD card than from a remote source. We shall see . . . .

I think quite a few of us are thinking of it as music storage. Intuitively you would think that the SQ will be better from the on board SD card than from a remote source. We shall see . . . .

That's what the SSD is for.

Well, there are three USB Ports to connect flashdrives and such

Intuitively you would think that the SQ will be better from the on board SD card than from a remote source. We shall see . . . .
You can't always trust audiophile intuition;)
I read on CA someone claiming that when copying music to a USB drive a Regen between the computer and USB drive improved the SQ of the copy :D

The SD card is limited to 32GB which means that a SSD or USB drive which can hold TB is better for music storage.

You can't always trust audiophile intuition;)
I read on CA someone claiming that when copying music to a USB drive a Regen between the computer and USB drive improved the SQ of the copy :D

The SD card is limited to 32GB which means that a SSD or USB drive which can hold TB is better for music storage.

Well "intuition" was really a reference to both a much shorter signal path ( remember the 47llabs chip amp?) and fewer components in that signal path.

Looks like a very versatile machine.

Is there a reason why the left and right inputs/outputs for each I/O aren't next to each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back