advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the full package is a viable option, then it might be a good idea to check this out. 52 resistors = GBP445,40. Do you know if the MDAC discount is still active? ;)

Yes, I'm sure I can arrange a discount "package" price let me contact Nick...

BTW, we can reuse most of these resistors on your FDAC if you wanted to pull apart your Superior unit :( - only the 680R's might not be used on the FDAC...

BTW, we can reuse most of these resistors on your FDAC if you wanted to pull apart your Superior unit :(

Such a cruel and sad suggestion :(

I'm sure I can find a buyer before that happens. Maybe a package with my DIY psu.

Yes indeed, Ian faces the same dilemma with his own Fusioned unit - its not a unit to upgrade to a superior as its very good in its own right, and can be sold for more then a replacement salvage unit would cost.

John,

we have been talking on phone on using a salvaged MDAC with some SQ modification as alternative for your 8200CDQ I was interested in. Am I right that the superior modification is more than we talked about? And also am I right that it does not really make sense to modify a MDAC "superior" for me because I own no Calex PSU?
Still would be very very interested to get a high quality source for my Office soon. Afterwards the living room can stress-free wait for the FDAC :) BTW Speaker and amplifier problem for the Office System is solved.

Best regards
Erwin

If the full package is a viable option, then it might be a good idea to check this out. 52 resistors = GBP445,40. Do you know if the MDAC discount is still active? ;)

Well with a 10% discount the total for the full package is:-

(CAR-230) - 680R 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 4 £38.40

(CAR-090) - 47R 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 4 £46.42

(CAR-430) - 33K 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 8 £88.03

(CAR-130) - 100R 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 16 £153.60

(CAR-260) - 1K2 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 4 £38.40

(CAR-210) - 470R 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 8 £76.80

(CAR-070) - 33R 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil Resistor Quantity 8 £92.83

With 10% discount the total = £481.03 :(

As I say, apart from the 680R all the resistors can be transferred to your FDAC... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back