advertisement

MDAC First Listen (Part 00101001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FWC Chassis will be GBP250 to GBP300 extra, so if you can sell your MDAC for that then you have no extra net cost :)

Maybe it is a good idea to update the MDAC2 wikipages?

Feature wise, I understand you'll be integrating some DSP processing (trough miniDSP). Would that mean that the Fusion DAC will have the capability of setting up a few parametric EQ's at user definable frequencies?
Personally, I prefer parametric EQ above room correction.

I might be interested to join the Fusion DAC support group too (I'm still hesitating). But I would need to understand the complete costs involved. I have been watching this thread from time to time and have completely lost track of options, versions and costs due to the various changes in feature set. The GBP250 to GBP300 would be on top of what cost? (without taking into account to sell my current M-DAC because I have yet to decide if I would sell that DAC).

Both are bit accurate data, but in the case of the I2S the DAC is not normally the clock master due to the complexities of supporting different sampling rates. Easy for a single sampling rate, but gets rather more involved when needing to support 44.1 & 48KHz and there multiples sampling rates. This is automatically handled via Asynchronous USB.

Thanks John

I paid 300gbp , so i have to pay 100gbp extra + 400gbp for the mdac2 board itself + 300gbp for the full size chassis? So total of 800gbp that's 1119 EUR - 450 EUR for my old mdac is 669 EUR for a major upgrade....hopefully i can sell my mdac for 450 euro.

A bit more money i would aspected...hopefully it's really going to be a great dac! Last year you said that the mdac2 would be ready for christmass....now it's again planned for christmass...would be a nice present!

I paid 300gbp , so i have to pay 100gbp extra + 400gbp for the mdac2 board itself + 300gbp for the full size chassis? So total of 800gbp that's 1119 EUR - 450 EUR for my old mdac is 669 EUR for a major upgrade....hopefully i can sell my mdac for 450 euro.

A bit more money i would aspected...hopefully it's really going to be a great dac! Last year you said that the mdac2 would be ready for christmass....now it's again planned for christmass...would be a nice present!

The DAC will be shipped from Hongkong so I'd expect +25% VAT & taxes

@johan 25% of what amount? 700gbp? You are joking right? That's 175 gbp....

@delange how many people from holland have signed up to the mdac project? Hopefully not too much, anyway the mdac is still a great dac for the money and i am not afraid it won't sell....

Goods like this imported into the EU are subject to VAT and import duties. Normally I pay about 25% of the declared / billed value including shipping costs.

Goods like this imported into the EU are subject to VAT and import duties. Normally I pay about 25% of the declared / billed value including shipping costs.

Presumably it varies from country to country. I didn't think the UK had any 25% VAT rates. I think 20% is the top here.

- Richard.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

The above has tax, vat duty costs for practically everywhere in the world

At £700 excluding development costs and a guestimate of £100 shipping plus £10 insurance from HK to UK, classed it as a pre-amp on the item type:

Total customs value (CIF): £810.00
- Duty: £36.45
- VAT: £169.29
Total import duty & taxes due: £205.74
Total landed cost: £1015.74

John, I know you have decided to assemble, test, and ship the units from HK but doing so would add significant cost. If they were assembled in Czech Republic we in Europe would only pay 15% VAT + delivery. Coming from HK we would be looking at 20% to 25% custom, and the delivery cost would be more expensive as it would have to through Custom Clearance service.

Is there no way these can be assembled in Europe?

Hello John,
I just got back from vacation and I find a lot of news here. The idea of the FWC interests me a lot, although I had prepared space for a traditional mdac. But I want to know what are the costs and schedule.
I have already paid four installments and a salvaged mdac.

Thanks and good job.

John has already explained that the cost going to be about the same one way or another. However what is not clear is whether the indicative figures we have been given are inclusive or exclusive of these import taxes.

Richard: shipping and duty go on first, then plus VAT on that total. The VAT rate is determined by the point of entry into the EU. Post entry to the EU, the VAT treatment of any subsequent transactions depends on whether it is B2B or B2C transaction.

PS. That doesn't mean you get VAT on VAT because there is a system of deduction; the VA refers to the value added at each stage in the supply chain.

Is there no way these can be assembled in Europe?

I believe the reason John is in HK is because he did not believe he could get the manufacturing done at sufficiently low cost in Europe.

One thing members may want to consider is the fact that there are participants from all over the world involved in the MDAC2 project. So we are all effected by exchange rates and import duties etc in different ways. Consequently, is it really reasonable to expect John to mitigate anyone's specific exposure on any of these points?

Frankly, I think he's got more than enough on his plate in anycase.

I believe the reason John is in HK is because he did not believe he could get the manufacturing done at sufficiently low cost in Europe.

One thing members may want to consider is the fact that there are participants from all over the world involved in the MDAC2 project. So we are all effected by exchange rates and import duties etc in different ways. Consequently, is it really reasonable to expect John to mitigate anyone's specific exposure on any of these points?

Frankly, I think he's got more than enough on his plate in anycase.

I agree. I want the product and I will be OK paying the cost either way. I am just exploring options.

PS: We probably get it faster if they are assembled in HK also.

I was hoping that as my post count is currently 248 and my middle name is Albert that I qualified for a 75% discount, is that true?

I was hoping that as my post count is currently 248 and my middle name is Albert that I qualified for a 75% discount, is that true?

If you read the small print you will find, that is only applicable if your name is Allbert. :p

Close, but you still need to buy your own Cigars.

So you think hdmi, blueray drive etc would only result is a "small slippage".
Or is it because you are interested in this ;) :D

Sorry, Confusion somewhere.. I have no interest in hdmi/bluray etc... I just need a good Dac!! Have an intel NUC based HTPC in the living room and all media is consumed by this from my network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back