advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,

glad you enjoyed the subtle nuances, it was as if the card had been designed especially for you !

Did the Penguins turn up via e#mail a week or so ago ? if they have taken a detour on their journey from the south pole I shall have to chase them up.:cool:

:) No kidding, I was saying to Renata this evening that we will have to frame the card afterwards :)

"Did the Penguins turn up" ???? "Sadly" we are a Penguin free zone here ATM? I'm not sure what the little ones would think about sharing their home with Penguins... For sure dearest little Ella will have issues with them :D

Hi John,

Cool thanks. Ok well let's hope it holds out until the M-DAC2 board is ready. If not, I guess I could just send the toy board over to you rather than the whole box?

With the M-DAC2 board, I wonder if they'll be any market for the hand made boards you made for us? I don't want it going to waste, but I've only got a need for one dac here. I guess everyone on here will want the latest and best stuff you've designed. At the very least is there anything salvageable on them you can use? I'll happily post it to you for nothing if it has a use for you.

Btw, I'm going to be after a level 3 as I'd like to go vinyl soon. Will need a phono stage too if you do design one. And if one exists could you add me to the interest list for the vfet amps if you do get hold of enough extra parts. It sounds too good could miss out on.

I'm also on the tdac list I think and I'd still like one. As always, no rush, just keep designing awesome sounding gear and I'll enjoy it when it's ready.

You can send your PCB or the whole unit, it does not save much on shipping cost this end... Might be better to send the whole unit as you can just plug it in an "go" once we ship it back to you.

I suggest keeping your MDAC toy "whole" - we are moving slowly to having a completed chassis with PSU for the MDAC2 sometime in the near future...

Over the past few weeks I've ordered enough VFets to make 26.5 pairs of Amps although I've limited the "production" to 20 pairs - we have a handful of positions left :)

The balance of VFETs will be held as "Service spare parts" - although the design of the VFET amps makes it impossible to damage them under external fault conditions.

Since we are discussing creation, perhaps we could consider how God did it. God had every resource available to create the universe but God took six days to do it (rested on the seventh). I think God needed six day because God had to think it all through.

I recon if there was a PM or customers involved, God would have been forced to stop on the third day and we all would have missed out on what God created on the last three days.

I am probably going to hell for using God's name in vain but as I told John I had to sell my soul to the devil to afford the VFET amps. :)

John, I certainly do not believe you are God or a God but based on your long track record in hi fi world and my sense of your attitude towards your work I am willing to trust your judgement regardless of the extra time it will take.

I am not after just a hi fi product. I am after THE product.

Wishing everybody a happy Holiday.

I don't believe in this fictional character. ;)

Everyone seems to think that a project manager is some kind of evil scumbag control freak, who wants to kill all creativity.

This isn't what Lars was suggesting.

Such a shame your minds are all so closed. :mad:

Dear monster749.
It is debatable whose mind is closed. If you have an issue with John's way of working, then feel free to leave the MDAC2 project (alone). Nobody is asking you to be along for the ride if you don't enjoy it or believe in its goals.
Cheer up, relax, just be.
Peter

Everyone seems to think that a project manager is some kind of evil scumbag control freak, who wants to kill all creativity.

Not at all! But we're talking about a no-compromise design by one man. And I seriously doubt that a project manager could speed up the crucial design phase. It will take as long as it takes. Always keep in mind that John is semi-retired. This is for (his) fun!

Happy holidays everyone!
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back