Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] MCRU Fully Regulated Linear Power Supply (5V) for Chord Qutest/Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by badlyread, Feb 13, 2021.

1. badlyread

badlyread pfm Member

Hi Guys

As per title in new condition with power lead (not in photos) and original box.

This will power a Chord Qutest or a Raspberry Pi - 5V DC supplied via a micro USB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please respond via PM if interested.

£160 delivered. U.K. only.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. Tintinabulum

Tintinabulum pfm Member

How many amps?

3. badlyread

badlyread pfm Member

Info not stated on website. But it is specifically for the Qutest and Pi.

Thanks.

4. badlyread

badlyread pfm Member

5. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

PM sent

6. badlyread

badlyread pfm Member

SOLD.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  7. Timo_F

Timo_F pfm Member

I am not surprised. Enjoy your Qutest on steroids... LOL.

8. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

I'm not expecting anything big from the MCRU PSU just nice to remove the Chord wall wart but any sound improvement will of course be welcomed but the Qutest is one hell of a DAC with its wart :D

9. Timo_F

Timo_F pfm Member

@Mr Underhill had a nice uplift when he put in place an Sbooster — so it might not be unreasonable to expect some improvement from the MCRU PSU too. Report back your findings — certainly people in the Chord thread in the other place would be very interested... :)

HiFiman likes this.
  10. Mr Underhill

Mr Underhill pfm Member

I did try a few other LPSUs I have on the Qutest, not as effective. I have tried the SBooster on other equipment and not been overly impressed, but with the Qutest there is a synergy.

11. jason rockley

jason rockley pfm Member

I have a Hugo TT and that filthy PSU that comes with it introduces loads of mains noise to my power amp. The LPS makes no difference sound wise, as the TT runs off a battery, but it eliminates all the humming making it well worth the investment.

HiFiman likes this.