advertisement

MC7R pre-amp reduction of negative feedback

Big John

pfm Member
Together with my Son, I took my Ming Da MC7r pre-amp to Malvern yesterday now a 300 mile round trip to Mark Manwaring White the Ming Da importer who has been tinkering with the circuitry concept. Mark proceeded to open up the MC7R I watched him maintaining social distancing as did my son, The input capacitor was discarded resistors & wiring were removed I understand the negative feedback was at least halved all stages were checked on one of his oscilloscopes & a signal generator new value resistors were added. Mark also found after a search & de-soldering & measuring a defective resistor in my Leak Troughline Tuner with Tim De Paravicini stereo decoder and realigned it.

Today I put the MC7R back in circuit the result was even better than I envisaged more open, better separation of instruments, Richard Burton on the opening voice of the original War of The Worlds was frankly stunning. I am very pleased particularly as the MC7R was inserted in a £60000 system it did not sound out of place.

advertisement

Back