advertisement

Mayht Disruptive Transducer Technology

I am no expert but far more radical, two drivers occupying a much smaller space, I know there are prototype loudspeakers extant and results apparently have been astonishing ( in a good way).
Keith

Since the electroacoustics os such things, even in bipolar pairs such as linked, is long settled ... I'm curious to know what the trade-offs chosen, are...

Given the electrical trade offs in long coils and xmax vs acceleration I'll wait for the measurements. Could be good though.

Just looks like you have two motors per diaphram, mounted either side of the diagphragm to minimise unit depth, then they put two back to back. As long as it works I'm sure it's going to sound fine. I do wonder if the driver cone won't be prone to much greater flexure or breakup. That might be a limiting factor.

Moving little drivers a very, very long way is never the answer IMHO. Air just doesn’t work like that.

Apparently they really are decent drivers, and of course they may not be made available to third party manufacturers..
Keith

High excursion and yet they claim low distortion, so it will be interesting to see measurements. This is clearly a very serious enterprise so I think we can take it as read that its not vapourware. I will look out for them at Munich. The drivers would be great for dipole use

Founded by 2 brothers, bit of synchronicity there with Wing Acoustics, another potential disruptor which seems to have made disappointingly slow progress.

advertisement

Back