advertisement

Max Townshend RIP

Incredibly sad news. Although I never owned a Townshend product I was always very interested in the Rock turntable. Max was clearly one of the most original thinkers and designers in audio and I deeply admired his engineering commitment and the way he constantly sought to advance the state of the art with originality and flair. Sincere condolences to family, friends and Townshend fans around the world.\

Birdseed007

How sad. I began with the 'baby' Rock before moving to a Rock 2 which I still use. Sadly my Elite 600C preamp (another very early Townshend product) has recently failed. He was always interesting to spend time with at the shows.
Sadly missed by all.

Sad news indeed. As a long time user I’ve enjoyed the relationship with Sue and the team and my deepest sympathies to them.

Oh no this so sad as others have said a very forward thinking and progressive designer.

RIP Max.:(

Shocked to read this, could talk the hind legs off a donkey, but rather that than someone who won't answer a question.
RIP Max

met max at heathrow ? show late 70s his first product i think it was a modded AT CARTRIDGE and a new design of cartridge protractor sue was great too . sorry for his family

Very sad news.

Met Max for a chat, must be around a decade ago when Audiosmile had launched its first 'speaker and was demonstrating at one of the UK shows.
We mentioned that a pair had been sent for review to a certain publication and reviewer. Max enquired as to the cabinet stuffing used for the design.

He said he hoped the cabinets are well stuffed, whereupon we started to described the type of acoustic foam used.
"no,no,no, use plenty of £20 notes if sending to 'him'....."

Always makes me smile thinking about it :)

RIP

Never spoke to him, but saw him and Sue at many shows over the years.

Love the story about the cabinet stuffing. :D

RIP

Sad news indeed! I bought my Allegri directly from him and his wife just under a couple years ago. Both were so helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
He will be missed.

That is ashame. Met Max and chatted at a couple of shows over the years.
I’ve got the seismic stand, platform (mono blocs) and podiums (speakers). Love his gear; knew his shit.
RIP

advertisement

Back