advertisement

Martin logan ascents

Hi, anyone have any experience with these speakers? I may have a chance to purchase a pair,

thanks

I am looking for a stat panel for martin logan ascents if anyone has a panel sitting around. My model is 2000 but I understand the stats are the same for the stats but can confirm dimensions if necessary. I wont mind purchasing a pair either if you have a full pair. One of the stats on my speakers has a problem and I am looking to replace it and want to avoid purchasing a completely new pair as ML only sell the new version of stats and I am not sure I will get the same sound if I purchase the newer version of stats. In addition, cant afford the newer version ATM even if I was convinced about the sound.

I owned a pair of these back in the day.

As the first poster says, they do lack integration a bit and really don't play rock music convincingly (a lack of energy at the bottom of the panel's range.). But they excel with acoustic and electronica. Need an amp with real current capability though as the impedance is all over the place.

Hi, anyone have any experience with these speakers? I may have a chance to purchase a pair,

thanks

Hi peelaaa,

I'd have to say " go for it ". As an American I've heard my fair share of the entire line since 1985, and have always viewed them as one of the best sounding speaker lines made here along with say Sound Labs - Apogee - DeVore Fidelty - InnerSound - Avalon - Joseph Audio and Alon ( Nola ).

Yet, I've always felt they sounded best to " me " when used with tube/valve amps from the likes of the older Audio Reseach Classic 60 or either Conrad-Johnson MV60SE. As both seemed to have integrated better with the separate driver types and pulling it all together in a more pleasing manner then heard through solid state based amps.

My favorite Martin-Logan to this date however remains the original CLS's. but that's just my opinion based upon years and years of weighing said brands of speakers made here since said time. In the end, you'd be investing in a speaker that plays " music " beautifully - and that's all any of us can ask for in life.

As others have mentioned - do make certain the panels are currently up to specs, and you should enjoy them for many moons to come.

Regards,
o_O scar

advertisement

Back