advertisement

mark knopfler studio albums

I presume you mean the boxed set? If I didn’t have them already, I’d probably be interested, but the ones I have would be difficult to improve on, sound quality-wise. Privateering is one of my top listens.
Interested to know what others think though. I believe there is an extra disc of material?

Thanks for your thoughts , got privateering and it sounds great, but its not part of the set , had a quick listen to dont crash the ambulance and it sounded different from the original digital track which is superb , generally remastered stuff seems to loose that sparkle , but theres some great albums in the studio set , probably best to add its the vinyl set im interested in cheers phil.

I bought a few of his albums as they came out on the strength of my being a big fan of early Dire Straits but was most disappointed... slow, boring and rather "countrified". I should maybe give them another chance but IIRC I played maybe half of each album after getting them home before putting them in the never to be played again list...
Should have learnt my lesson after the first one! Very well recorded though.

I have all the Knofler albums. Very good recordings. The last couple have been a bit light on real material but the earlier ones are excellent.

I bought a few of his albums as they came out on the strength of my being a big fan of early Dire Straits but was most disappointed... slow, boring and rather "countrified". I should maybe give them another chance but IIRC I played maybe half of each album after getting them home before putting them in the never to be played again list...
Should have learnt my lesson after the first one! Very well recorded though.
There's some great material in the post Straits stuff...I'd put Hill Farmer Blues or Basil up against anything from Dire Straits.

I only have 'Sailing to Philadelphia' , I think it's excellent , I'd of thought Speedway at Nazareth would be right up your street @Arkless Electronics

I really like the single "Sailing to Philadelphia"... I just had a look see at which albums I have and I can see "Sailing to Philadelphia" and "The Trawlermans Song". I suspect there may be one more that's not been put away where it should be.
TBH I never really gave the a chance in that after purchase I listened briefly, thought "meh" and haven't given them another listen to give them a chance to "grow on me":oops:

Dont crash the ambulance from Shangri-La is a great track , all about bush senior handing power to his son , also like antelioni and rememberence day from get lucky , all these albums need to be played a few times , im interested in the studio box set 6 albums £115 remastered , its the remastered that puts me off , they can loose sparkle , the digital sounded good though phil.

advertisement

Back