advertisement

Mark E Smith

Crikey, that’s pretty shocking. He was on C4 News (I think, though may have been BBC North West) a year or two ago channeling UKIP or something similar in a somewhat drunken manner, but he didn’t look anything like that bad. Not a good week for this sort of thing as Genesis P Orridge has just been dignosed with leukaemia (NME).

I never liked or “got”him, but nevertheless it’s sad to see him in that state, if that picture of him in a wheelchair is representative.

Mark has been a bit of a Curmudgeon and hasn't looked after his health, but he has kept us entertained all these years with his prodigious output.

I do hope that he recovers and keeps us entertained for many years to come; get well soon Mark.

Jesus I laughed a few years back when he was at Glasto and before a song just walked along the back line turning all the musos amps up to 10.

After a string of curtailed gigs, he's just cancelled tonight's show at Koko due to ill health. I hate to sound ghoulish, but this story is starting to show a lot of parallels with Lemmy's decline.

I’ve heard some horrible rumours from good sources but won’t spread the detail until it’s official. But it’s not good at all.

There is a post on FB from a promoter I know who used to do a lot of work with Mark. The message was cryptic, but not good if I understood it correctly.

Jack

advertisement

Back