advertisement

Marantz CD873 TDA1541 coax output

jimmymcfarrell

pfm Member
Messing about with this CD player today that I’ve owned for a while but never used, the analogue output works fine, but just for fun I tried the (coax) digital output into a (digital input) on my Yamaha DSP E-800 pre/pro; hoping to be able to compare the TDA1541 DAC in the CDP to whatever is in the Yamaha and got...... silence.
Tried disconnecting the CDPs analogue output so digital only connection...... still silence.
The Yamaha’s DAC works fine when (optical & coax) connected from DVD player, Smart TV box etc so that definitely works.
The CD player works fine when using its analogue output.
Only thing left to try is connecting the CDP to another (stand-alone) DAC to see if that makes any difference, but just wondering if anything obvious I’m missing or if the CDP digital output is broken?

I'm not familiar with your dac but recent experience of playing with an Esoteric dac involved changing some settings in the menu for it to recognise the 16/44 signal from CD. This dac also needed to be told to clock from the coax. There were various options.
It seems unlikely that the spdif digital out on the Marantz is absent if its working OK as a player.

advertisement

Back