advertisement

[FS] Manfrotto 055MF3 magfiber tripod with Benbo B1 ball head

canonman

pfm Member
Manfrotto 055MF3 Magfiber Pro Carbon Fiber 3-Section Tripod Legs (no centre column) with a Benbo B1 ball head.

Very light but strong and in excellent condition.
£100 collected, meet or ship for £9 extra

Hi - interested. Where are you? Also (I can't tell from the pics) is the B1 equipped with the quick-release type top?

(I currently suffer with an aluminium 055NAT I've had for 20+ years which is a good tripod but pretty heavy if you have to lug it any distance)

Hi - interested. Where are you? Also (I can't tell from the pics) is the B1 equipped with the quick-release type top?
Hi I am in Windsor, Berks but can ship it.

Will add a couple more photos of the head shortly.

Definitely interested still. How is the B1 performing these days? I had an Arca Swiss B1 which went bad, I am wondering if Benro use the same aspherical ball design that had a tendency to fail on the AS models. Not a big deal of course.

Definitely interested still. How is the B1 performing these days? I had an Arca Swiss B1 which went bad, I am wondering if Benro use the same aspherical ball design that had a tendency to fail on the AS models. Not a big deal of course.
Seems rock solid, can't fault it. My first ever B1 and didn't know about the AS models. Only being sold as I bought another Gitzo.

TBH I pondered going 'all-in' on a Gitzo (my wife used to work as a professional in a historical archive, and they had some monster Gitzos that were decades old (it seemed) that you could park a large format camera on in a hurricane without any wobble)... in my case, I just want something similar to my 055NAT that's a bit lighter, which yours is. I think the 055NAT is around 3Kg plus head.

Hi, is that head an Arca Swiss head? If so, then I’m interested in it shipped if JTC doesn’t have it.

thanks
Matt

I sadly decided to pass on it as it wasn’t quite what I needed (once I worked out what that was) though it’s a cracking tripod for the money. All yours Matt!

Nice pod! I used to have the heavier Ali 055 which was very flexible.
That's what I have - the 055NAT. It's very heavy if you have to carry it any distance. I had hoped I might be able to use the centre column in my 055NAT with the 055MG3, because I felt I needed the option of that extra height, but the columns are incompatible sadly. Otherwise I'd have snapped it up. Came very close. GLWTS (if it isn't already sold)...

because I felt I needed the option of that extra height

I rather stupidly sold on my 055 when I moved house a few years ago, lots of stuff went including vintage HiFi!
However, I recently found my self needing a sturdy tripod again and noticed that 075's go for very reasonable sums on ebay, probably because they are very heavy, rather large and often used by pros who get their use out of em. They look like a pumped up 055! It extends to about 2.2m LOL, ok if you have a step ladder I guess.

I use it for observing the cosmos through big binoculars, (bins have to be higher than your eye level so that you can look up, hence the need for a tall pod) Very solid and less intuitive to use compared to the 055 and I wouldn't want to carry it very far.

The 055 is a really top tripod at its size, if it hasen't sold already, someone needs to buy it!

advertisement

Back