advertisement

Malcolm Steward RIP

John Channing

fruit box forever
Just read the following on Facebook from Neat Acoustics:

"Award-winning hi fi journalist, Malcolm Steward, was involved in a traffic accident and suffered some very serious injuries. He has spent several months in intensive care but is now continuing his recovery in hospital. There is still a long way to go. "

I always enjoyed Malcolm's writing and his passion for good music, hopefully he will make a full recovery soon.

I heard several months ago about the accident and that his chances of survival were very slim so this is good news. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Blimey, glad he's on the mend and all the very best to him - I spoke to him not long before the accident judging by the date!

A veteran in the industry. I remember reading and liking his work in the now-defunct Audiophile magazine.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Malcolm got me into Naim and Linn and Mana in the Nineties. He's an original. May he recover fully!

He played his part in getting me into Linn and Naim but I managed to avoid Mana.

Ally

I knew nothing about this, very glad to hear he's on the mend though!

Hope he's home for christmas too, i spent most of it in hospital last year and frankly it's not a fun experience.

MS has always been one of the very best reviewers in the business, invariably cutting to the chase.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Wishing him well. Was an avid reader of HFR in the 1980s, though it took me until this century to finally appreciate the Flat Earth groove.

Good he's recovering.

He did a piece in Audiophile Magazine in 1994. 'Blown away for £4000'. About getting a system together at a dealer called Powerplant.
Ended up with a Micro mega , Exposure Epos system that he liked. Got me out to hear some stuff.
Still got Exposure and Epos gear to this day.

His reviews of the Naim 52 and PinnK Linn made up my mind on what to spend on when I have the money.
I was a poor student then.
But I did scrounge up enough for one then current product he was effusive about.
The Kontakt contact cleaner.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Malcolm Steward.

advertisement

Back