advertisement

Making the classifieds a safer environment....

hi i have the same problem i want to sell stuff on here but due to the ostio in my hands hardly ever post , so i have not yet got to the required 50 posts , i have sold stuff on ebay and have a 1178 100% positive feedback for selling and buying , but yet i cannot post on here i have sold cables on wigwham and stuff on AOS , i have been a member for a long time , if you have been a member for more then 5 years ,i think you shold be allowed to post ,i am not even allowed to put a wanted , i have bought stiff of here from werner ,

hi i have the same problem i want to sell stuff on here but due to the ostio in my hands hardly ever post , so i have not yet got to the required 50 posts , i have sold stuff on ebay and have a 1178 100% positive feedback for selling and buying , but yet i cannot post on here i have sold cables on wigwham and stuff on AOS , i have been a member for a long time , if you have been a member for more then 5 years ,i think you shold be allowed to post ,i am not even allowed to put a wanted , i have bought stiff of here from werner ,

I agree. I've been a member here since 2013 but only have 13 posts. I have 1443 positive feedback on the bay, 841 posts on AoS and 126 sales on AVForums but yet still cannot post here but have to wait until I hit the 50 posts :confused:

I agree. I've been a member here since 2013 but only have 13 posts. I have 1443 positive feedback on the bay, 841 posts on AoS and 126 sales on AVForums but yet still cannot post here but have to wait until I hit the 50 posts :confused:
Quality over quantity should count for something

Most members here will tell you i'm at the opposite end of the spectrum :)

Think it's more to do with getting to know the person (or at least their online persona)

Letting them bed in to the forum section before allowing full access, seems sensible to me.

To the people behind posts 61 + 62:

I see no point in whining about the rules when you are under no obligation to come here in the first place.

Ebay is the place for those who do not want to participate - well that's my opinion.

As for stories about life's afflictions... just get on with life and face up to them as my totally blind wife does - full time job until retirement age, volunteer work, hiking in the Alps, tandem-riding, yoga, pilates, jogging and her first parachute jump next weekend... she makes the Duracell rabbit look positively lethargic :)

I know your all right :( I'll just shutup and try to post on different forums rather than just sticking to the 1.
It shouldn't take long to become part of this community.

Cheers.

As for stories about life's afflictions... just get on with life and face up to them.
Your wife sounds incredible BTW but you also need to allow for individual circumstances, not all are so brave & able, or have the wealth to back them up in such circumstances, a persons background & personal circumstances also play a large part when dealing with life's ailments, whatever they may be.

To the people behind posts 61 + 62:

I see no point in whining about the rules when you are under no obligation to come here in the first place.

Ebay is the place for those who do not want to participate - well that's my opinion.

As for stories about life's afflictions... just get on with life and face up to them as my totally blind wife does - full time job until retirement age, volunteer work, hiking in the Alps, tandem-riding, yoga, pilates, jogging and her first parachute jump next weekend... she makes the Duracell rabbit look positively lethargic :)

Props to your wife, she doesn't have to do that but still does, that's very inspiring. I can still see fine but have breathing difficulties and severe arthritis, I'm 34 and can no longer work full time. I do still work but I'm self employed and just take on what I can manage and employ someone to do what I can't.

And I agree, it doesn't take much to participate here, 50 posts is nothing. I think the rules are fair and are in the interests of everyone, not to mention Tony who has previously been dragged into disputes, very unfair on him when he's providing a free service.

50 posts is a good amount i think.
It keeps the posters selling and buying safer than if it was 1 for instance.

I have bought on here a few times, and have had great success

50 posts system must be working, how many negative comments are made regarding buyers and sellers.:) I have bought and sold a couple of bits without any problems.

i have read the post about afflictions , well yes i do get on with life ,but you must understand the pain of ostio puts you off , i agree with the 50 posts rule , even though it is not done on any other site , it seems though the elite only get a chance , i dont have time to sit here and continualy post stuff on here , i have put a lot on AOS about the upgrades done to my michelldeck may be i should just copy and paste all that lot , i have noting to sell at this moment , but to be told to get on with life the guy does not know or understand what i am going through so please donot coment on my afflictions,or are you waiting for a Heart Transplant ,have heart failure , etc like i have

No wonder i couldn't post a sell ad. I have been years as well but seldom make post. gotta work hard now!

How long after a thread is posted is it impossible to edit? Frustrating in classifieds threads if you can't edit after a few days.

Twenty minutes. In line with most forums. It prevents people going back and changing their posts to make others look foolish, or to remove things that could be dangerous.

Poster 1: So I connect the casework to the live wire instead of the earth and it’ll sound better?
Poster 2: No you mustn’t do that, you’ll electrocute yourself
Poster 3: Exactly!

Then Poster 2 throws an uffy fit, deletes their post. Someone looking to improve the sound of their amp reads the above which now reads:

Poster 1: So I connect the casework to the live wire instead of the earth and it’ll sound better?

Poster 3: Exactly!

That’s why you can’t edit or delete your posts.

It’s actually set to 24 hours at present - this maybe too long, but I left it that way as I often re-read a post I made the day before and find spelling/grammar errors and I suspect others may too. It also allows backing-down on ‘heat of the moment’ stuff, but at a point whilst the thread is still fresh and any re-writing history would still be detected by other users and flagged-up. I certainly don’t want it longer than this, but reserve the right to shorten it!

PS Trade Account holders have full edit rights to be able to alter long-running adverts etc.

Strange thing about me is, I joined in the hope that I could eventually get to 50 posts, then put in an ad to offload my Castle Tay speakers. 4 years and 400 posts later, still got the speakers, boxed up in the spare room. Did not realise it would be so entertaining/informative/controversial (!). 50 is easy!

My experience is that I had been trying to complete transaction over four months, the result has been I stupidly paid the money but never received the item.
This PFM member it seems is able to continue trading and not be sanctioned.Has anyone any suggestions as how to redress the matter.

My experience is that I had been trying to complete transaction over four months, the result has been I stupidly paid the money but never received the item.
This PFM member it seems is able to continue trading and not be sanctioned.Has anyone any suggestions as how to redress the matter.

Name and shame surely? If they're still trading here other members must be made aware for their own protection.

advertisement

Back