advertisement

Major New Vocal Talent, from NEW ZEALAND!

SONDEKNZ

Kiwi, now living in Hangzhou, CHINA
Major new vocal talent here, from my homeland, New Zealand.

Silky and soulful, Kiwi vocalist Te Karehana Gardiner-Toi - who goes by his nickname TEEKS - has yet to produce a song we haven't enjoyed.

With a one-in-a-million voice that bears a slight resemblance to raspy soul crooners like SEAL, TERENCE TRENT DÁRBY, GRAYSON HUGH and others, truth be told, we just can't stop playing him... ☺️

Both of these albums can be found on the expected streaming platforms and are well worth exploring.

NDEtNDUyOS5qcGVn.jpeg

MjMtMzkyNy5qcGVn.jpeg

Best of all, everything TEEKS records, is engineered to perfection - so crank it up!

Last edited:
A stunner SondekNZ. (Crumbs what a hunk too! He looks as good as he sings). Let's hope he can crack the US. The recording & arrangement seems immaculate like you say too. Why aren't his model looks gracing the cover though?!

Capt

It's all a bit too smooth, I'd like hear him let loose a little

I bet this is what his record label wants (that face on the cover too). No that way he goes into Soul & the inevitable ghastly modern shrieky song-crescendo facet ruining it all. Understated, the Kiwi way, suits him I think.

It's all a bit too smooth, I'd like hear him let loose a little

I bet this is what his record label wants (that face on the cover too). No that way he goes into Soul & the inevitable ghastly modern shrieky song-crescendo facet ruining it all. Understated, the Kiwi way, suits him I think.

I could easily agree with you both.

We are very much enjoying TEEKS' output so far - but he does risk sounding a bit samey.

As we were cruising through beautiful Hangzhou, just last night - with TEEKS floating out of the (admittedly) superb TESLA sound system - I said to my wife, "I reckon TEEKS is going to need to shake it up a bit, if he wants to keep the momentum going." She somewhat agreed.

I feel certain that soon enough, TEEKS will show us exactly what those pipes can really do.

Let's see... ;)

advertisement

Back