advertisement

Mains Lead £1870!!!!!

It can be proved that at least 2 mains cables can indeed remove RFI from the mains,

No.

The RA products are cables with filters attached at both ends. The filters attenuate the RFI, not the wire part. That is very basic. The wires are probably tightly twisted or woven. That improves their immunity to radiated RFI somewhat. That too is basic.

Take a 1000VA R-core isolation transformer. Dangle 1 meter of arbitrary mains wire from it. Name it 'cable'. Observe how it kills conducted RFI stone dead.
Shall I charge 50kEuro for it?

By the way, in an EMI test the cable is not driven from the mains, but from a well-characterised generator with known impedance, and the currents used are not quite the same as the load currents caused by the various parts of a household. Further, the mains wiring in a house, in any house, is a gigantic multiresonant mess when regarded at RF, defying any formal analysis.

I know that scripted posts that don't respond to what you or I may have said in rebuttal to the script seem to look the same, even in sighted tests, but Julf lives in Finland. It is Avole who lives in the South of France.

Good post gave me a laugh

advertisement

Back