advertisement

Mains Lead £1870!!!!!

I think you draw a very good parallel there. Audible mains lead differences are just like ghosts. Neither show up in any scientific measurements or controlled tests, and still a lot of people are absolutely convinced they are real.
I don't think the right questions are being asked here

It can be proved that at least 2 mains cables can indeed remove RFI from the mains, this has been proven under lab conditions & confirmed, this is unquestionable.

The question is what effect does RFI have when it enters the mains circuit of an amplifier, does the RFI affect the circuitry to lessen the sound quality, this is what mains cable manufacturers claim, that it does & the cable, by removing the RFI, improves the sound.

I know of many who hear differences when they add an aftermarket mains lead or mains conditioner that prefer the sound with the supplied give away cable.

The whole mains cable debate basically comes down to, does RFI on the mains lower sound quality, if so, how? & why?

They are anecdotal by definition, and I don't think anyone is calling them lies - I think most of us acknowledge that the people reporting the differences really believe they are hearing them.

This is a classic sweeping-under-the-carpet post . They reported differences blind.

BLIND!

How can a blind test be based on belief?

It can be proved that at least 2 mains cables can indeed remove RFI from the mains, this has been proven under lab conditions & confirmed, this is unquestionable.

The question is what effect does RFI have when it enters the mains circuit of an amplifier, does the FRI affect the circuitry to lessen the sound quality, this is what mains cable manufacturers claim, that it does & the cable, bye removing the RFI, improves the sound.

I know of many who hear differences when they add an aftermarket mains lead or mains conditioner that prefer the sound with the supplied give away cable.

The whole mains cable debate basically comes down to, does RFI on the mains lower sound quality, if so, how? &why?

Indeed, it has nothing to do with the current carried by the cable and those who suggest that it is - and is therefore contrary to the laws of physics, are erecting men of straw.

Could someone now open a thread entitled "does RFI affect the mains circuitry of a component"

I would do this myself but I havn't reached my 90 day post rule yet.

This is what needs answering, not about people imagine or not, this is pointless as we have scientific proof that some cables remove rfi so this part is already a fact.

Way back on either this thread or another recent thread, your excuse sent to me was, & I quote " I do live in the south of france you know" remember?

I know that scripted posts that don't respond to what you or I may have said in rebuttal to the script seem to look the same, even in sighted tests, but Julf lives in Finland. It is Avole who lives in the South of France.

I can experience a visual or auditory hallucination anywhere, without prior warning, which is to say blind. It may be real for me, it's not to anyone else.

I know that scripted posts that don't respond to what you or I may have said in rebuttal to the script seem to look the same, even in sighted tests, but Julf lives in Finland. It is Avole who lives in the South of France.
You are correct, my apologies to both

I can experience a visual or auditory hallucination anywhere, without prior warning, which is to say blind. It may be real for me, it's not to anyone else.
An hallucination comes from inside the brain, there is no such thing as a blind hallucination

Thanks, but actually no, despite growing up in Finland, I live in Amsterdam, and have lived here for the last 17 years. Only wishing I was living in South of France... :)

The question is what effect does RFI have when it enters the mains circuit of an amplifier, does the RFI affect the circuitry to lessen the sound quality, this is what mains cable manufacturers claim, that it does & the cable, by removing the RFI, improves the sound.

The whole mains cable debate basically comes down to, does RFI on the mains lower sound quality, if so, how? & why?

RFI can be suppressed for pennies. The principle is well-understood and does not require ****y wire at £2k.

advertisement

Back