advertisement

Mains conditioner - phase problems

just an idea

pfm Member
I've just bought a mains conditioner, mainly to help protect my equipment but also to see if smoothing out lumpy mains has any effect at all.

On plugging it in there are 3 indicator lights: Ground, Phase, and clean power.... Ground and clean power are both lit up but 'phase' is not.

What is phase?, should I be worried? and how can I fix?

Your socket or plug is wired back to front, live and neutral are reversed. In the UK that means your fuse is on the wrong side, elsewhere it makes no difference.

I would read the instruction booklet and/or contact the manufacturer to be sure what the light is supposed to indicate.
Some manufacturers (this used to be the case with the German company HMS) have the phase indicator light up to show you have inverted live and neutral others to show everything is OK.

ok thanks... thats what I thought, but i started searching google for phase problems and it got into 3 way phase sequencing.... I started tring to work it out then resorted to PFM... I suppose i could resort to the manual but it goes against all my internal instincts.

advertisement

Back