Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

macOS Big Sur

Discussion in 'off topic' started by GML, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

BS installed fine and everything worked for a few days. Now Mail opens but crashes if I try do do anything, like send a message. Any ideas?

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Looks to be a thing. Thread here. Please remember that your job as an early adopter is to sort all this crap out so it's right by the time I buy a new MacBook early next year!

Alex S and Amber Audio like this.
  3. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Big Sur - No Privacy?

Wilson likes this.
  4. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter more than cis feelings

No privacy anyway. Facebook, etc (even if you’re not a member), though Apple is trying its hardest to piss off Google and Facebook by depriving them of revenues using anonymised relays and anti-tracking/countermeasures.

5. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

I see that Little Snitch 5 is now out, designed to work specifically with macOS Big Sur. Will this give the user back control like it did previously?

6. bob

bob pfm Member

That's great Simon, I'm pleased to have been a help. It really is a big problem and hopefully the coating on the new screens won't end up the same.