1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] M2Tech Young DAC & Power Supply

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Alan Brown, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:04 PM.

1. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

[​IMG]

Excellent DAC in good working order, replete with SupperTeddyReg based power supply (built by SQ225917).

USB up to 32/384kHz
    Optical (192kHz)
    S/PDIF (192kHz)
    S/PDIF (BNC) (192kHz)
    AES/EBU (192kHz)

I have the original box and switching power supply (appropriate power cords included). Also included a short (<1M) Wireworld USB cable with gold plated contacts.

£350, UK delivery included.

Internal shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please note condition, in particular scratches and marks on casework, it is still very stylish and looks great on a rack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Young was a great product IMO, it's performance being near state of the art for under a grand. It still is superb DAC by any metric with excellent sound quality and features. It easily bested my previous high end Theta DAC.

I now have a DAC with built in volume control, remote & MQA decoding.

2. Alan Brown

Class A output stage for a warm sound with great presence and body. Multiple inputs, all transformer isolated from each other, and a sophisticated Async USB input. Sounds great whatever you serve it!

Going on eBay tonight.

3. jamington2004

jamington2004 pfm Member

I had an M2Tech Joplin MK11 ADC Phono stage before I sold my TT

Best piece of hifi kit I ever owned - so well built and a pleasure to use / stare at the display :) And the sound was the best I heard out of all the phono stages I owned

Alan Brown likes this.
  4. Alan Brown

Nice one! They sound first class, no doubt. I love the style of the mk1 kit - Italian but also sci-fi to my eyes. Kind of like a Cylon in an Alfa Romeo.

5. Alan Brown

Now on eBay with bids, so needs to run its course there.

Please feel free to register interest anyway, as eBay can attract timewasters. You might get a poke in ten days!