advertisement

M2Tech Young DAC Capacitor Mod.

Isobarik

pfm Member
I thought I would do the mod to the Young,simply changing the capXon cap for something better.
Took all the screws out etc. How do you remove the latch on the AES/EBU socket? The latch is preventing the socket from being removed from the chassis.
Anyone know how to do this?
Probably a very simple process but best to ask, as I don't want to damage the socket.
Cheers,
Ray

It is tight to get the circuit board out but you angle the board at 45 deg and push down on the RCA & BNC sockets and it does come out
I replaced mine with a Rubicon YXA- 1000uf 35V and it was a significant mod along with a new linear power supply that I built using an avondale audio TPR2 reg transformer, rectifier and smoothing caps CLCRC
The panasonic FM or FC or nichicon FG would also be good but head height is critical so not so easy to fit as you would have to lay it over parallel with the board and bend the radial leads at 90 deg
The circuit board has a mask over the connections so you will have to scrape away the mask and you will need a good soldering iron as the ground plane sucks the heat out of your iron .

Young Dac power supply by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan

Thank you so much Alan for the valuable information.
Sounds like the mod is worth carrying out. I'll do it when I return home at the weekend.
Best regards
Ray

Last edited:

advertisement

Back