advertisement

M2Tech EVO DAC - any initial thoughts ?

Cato

pfm Member
I understand this has recently been released and as such early days but wonder if anyone has had a chance to give it a whirl yet ?

Good price and rather tempted

Ask Keith at Purite, he'll tell you where it stands in the grand scheme of things.

The thing is he's got a bit of an issue with independence. He does a full money back jobby to his credit. The problem is that I am a nervous customer. I like to look the buggers in the eyes before I part with my cash.

The company seem to have support from other traders. I would love to know if the gear is chinese and whether the company will be here in the next few months....

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111580

this is on the trade part, I hope I haven't broken any rules, if so sorry, I have no ties with Keith.

Mike

I would say that Keith is a very straightforward guy and having met him, do absolutely trust him. for me it is more that there are simply so many DACS out there it is hard to know which way to turn - let alone try to audition the lot.

The gear is not chinese - it is Italian and seems well established as the high-end goes anyway.

seems to be a device for people who already have an 'evo'. Do you have one?

What else might you need?

It looks like a stripped down DAC somewhat.

I would be looking at this aspect before purchase on home dem.

I have a Young , my only regret - I should have paid more attention to computer platform compatibility (shown on website) before spending.

I want a dac for my touch. I have a diy dac which is probably as good as most £500.00 dacs, but i don't know. I have an over 1000 dac which is fine. I'm not bothered about a direct link from a computer as I am down the squeezebox line. (and very satisfied)

£300 for the dac+£300 for the Evo convertor if you want all the interface compatibility takes into one box solution territory from others.

In reality every trader is bound by the distance selling regulations, so you have a week to change your mind, I firmly believe that you must evaluate products in your own system ,I don't mind you keeping the DAC for a couple of weeks, perhaps try and borrow some other 'possibles' and compare them side by side.
KR Keith.

advertisement

Back