Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Luxman spares

Discussion in 'classic' started by hifi_dave, Feb 4, 2009.

1. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

I have just bought a Luxman SQ 507x and it's matching tuner from E-Bay but there are a couple of problems with the amp.

When the seller described the amp, I was under the impression that three missing controls were included and simply needed a bit of TLC but this is not the case. The 'bass freq' knob is there but the control shaft is broken, so the whole switch will need replacing and the outers of the 'selector' and 'stereo/mono' switches are missing.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get parts to get this amp up and running again ?

Thank you.

2. effinity

effinity pfm Member

hi, I don't know if this will be any help but i've just been researching my Luxman 50A tuner, I found this site via Hilberink web, may be a good starting point for you.

http://fmtunerinfo.com/luxman.html

3. RSC

RSC pfm Member

Well, Dave, no longer your problem... wish me luck!

For anyone who chances upon this thread with Luxman-related questions, I have found http://www2.cgi.se/audio/ through a bit of Googling. It's in Swedish, but is just about understandable to me... plus the guy does use English in places!

Will post further info. as and when it becomes available.

4. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

I had a customer here a couple of weeks ago who is a bit of an 'engineer'. In his opinion, it would be a doddle to cobble together the knob to the shaft but thought the spares would be fairly easy to track down anyway. I'd love to do it because I've always wanted one of these amps but I just don't have the time anymore.

So, RSC, did you buy it ?

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

If you get stuck drop Carl Nyqvist a PM, I'm sure he'd be happy to translate if necessary.

Tony.

6. RSC

RSC pfm Member

Thank you, Tony: that is PFM at it's best!

Nice to know that the spirit of helpfulness and cooperation is still here - it doesn't always manifest itself...

Will try to reciprocate!

7. RSC

RSC pfm Member

Guilty as charged...

8. royce5

royce5 soul searcher

fyi, Luxman Japan is actually rather helpful and DO support many of its products, my L530 was made in 83 and they are still able to service and support it.

www.luxman.co.jp

9. spet0114

spet0114 REMPI Member

Sometimes, a 'wanted' ad for the required components in the 'Parts' section of AudioKarma can work wonders. Usually means you've got to pay postage from the states though...

Cheers
    Adrian

10. RSC

RSC pfm Member

Thanks, gents: will be attempting cabinet repair work first - when I can stop myself wanting to listen to it!

11. djdstone

djdstone pfm Member

Have you tried this guy in Sweden - he used to have loads of Luxman parts sven@eiman.se.