advertisement

Luxman/Accuphase/Yamaha - Quality?

Copying this link to this thread as I find it to be useful.

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/integrated-amplifiers

I find the review of the Luxman L-590AXII to be rather accurate and regard the site to be pretty good. Below is the list of amps that were reviewed.

Accuphase E-5000.............Sound 90%
Luxman L-509X..................Sound 87%
Accuphase E-800...............Sound 86%
Luxman L-590AXII..............Sound 85%
Accuphase E-560...............Sound 82%
Luxman L-550AXI & AXII....Sound 80%
Accuphase E-450...............Sound 78%
Luxman L-507uX Mark II....Sound 77%
Luxman L-507uX.................Sound 76%
Luxman L-550A II................Sound 74%
Accuphase E-270................Sound 66%
Yamaha A-S2000................Sound 31% :confused:

Having heard both Luxman and Accuphase amps - being an owner of the later - I can't agree with these ratings.

What about the reviews of the amps which you have heard, owned or currently own? Do you find the review of your current Accuphase amp to be accurate?

Copying this link to this thread as I find it to be useful.

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/integrated-amplifiers

I find the review of the Luxman L-590AXII to be rather accurate and regard the site to be pretty good. Below is the list of amps that were reviewed.

Accuphase E-5000.............Sound 90%
Luxman L-509X..................Sound 87%
Accuphase E-800...............Sound 86%
Luxman L-590AXII..............Sound 85%
Accuphase E-560...............Sound 82%
Luxman L-550AXI & AXII....Sound 80%
Accuphase E-450...............Sound 78%
Luxman L-507uX Mark II....Sound 77%
Luxman L-507uX.................Sound 76%
Luxman L-550A II................Sound 74%
Accuphase E-270................Sound 66%
Yamaha A-S2000................Sound 31% :confused:

Picking one at random, the E-270 doesn’t get a sonic score below 70% in the detailed section (and includes a high of 85%), so how does that equate to 65% overall? Something of a rhetorical question here, but doesn’t inspire confidence in the numbers.

Picking one at random, the E-270 doesn’t get a sonic score below 70% in the detailed section (and includes a high of 85%), so how does that equate to 65% overall? Something of a rhetorical question here, but doesn’t inspire confidence in the numbers.
Not sure of that website but the sound rating appears as 66%.

Unlike other reviewers, they ignore price when scoring. The KEF LS50 Meta gets a sound rating of 43%, but gets a 100% Reference award, for example.

It's an odd system.

Unlike other reviewers, they ignore price when scoring. The KEF LS50 Meta gets a sound rating of 43%, but gets a 100% Reference award, for example.
I haven’t followed the link to the site, but I don’t understand what this signifies. What is a reference award?

edit: I’ve now briefly visited the site and the scoring seems incomprehensible. One Accuphase amp gets an overall sound score of 84% despite scoring much more than 84% in all but one aspect, and no lower score than 84%. Another scores a lowest score of 82%, but an overall score of 86%

On the website, sound rating is based upon: ‘Overall integrity and realism of sound, enveloping, realism and immersing of sound, true to original’.

So a bit subjective then

Like I said, a guess. It's their "Editor's choice" or "Highly recommended".

Don't shoot the messenger. All reviews are subjective. I just like the website design.

Big Yamaha only 31, a bit suspicious. On web page it is 2000, not 3000, still it looks serious amplifier, good words at the time.

advertisement

Back