advertisement

Lunatic Soul: Through Shaded Woods

MichaelC

pfm Member
Arrived today.

Spinning now, the first track. If that is anything to go by, then this will be a cracker.

Could it be release of the year?

Watch this space.

A very strong offering, consistently good across disc 1. Whilst there isn’t a truly stunningly stand out track such as Gutter, this is an album which is simply a good listen all the way through.

Haven’t played disc 2 yet.

For those unfamiliar with what this is all about, the band’s lead Mariusz Duda is a key member of the Polish prog rock band Riverside. There’s some common ground in the sound as might be expected but they’re still different. I found them a while back and have been listening to all of their albums on Tidal. Quality music. The sound reminds me of another excellent Polish band – Believe – who are also on Tidal but difficult to find (do a search on their album title This Bread is Mine).

There’s a great interview with Mariusz Duda in the latest Prog magazine. He indicates that Through Shaded Woods is likely to be the last but one Lunatic Soul release. If that is the case then it would be a great shame.

Last edited:
Just started listening to Lunatic Soul this week on Spotify. Great stuff! Been a fan of Riverside for years and have several of their albums on vinyl.

advertisement

Back