advertisement

Lumix S5 or Nikon Z6 ii or........

Robby

pfm Member
I recently sold the Lumix S1 I bought last year as the weight and size were too cumbersome.

I am looking for a smaller, ideally FF, camera which would be used mostly for stills with a little video. Main use would be landscape, family stuff and holidays.

I have narrowed it down to the above two cameras as the following kits:

• Lumix S5 with 20-60 lens - I can get this from Amazon for £1,442.59 (£250 voucher plus 10% student discount using my son's account)
  • Nikon Z6 with 24-70 lens - I can get this from Wowcameras (bought from before) for £2,035

Can anyone think of a reason for spending an extra £600'ish on the Nikon?

Thanks.

Hard choice!

Whilst I have an almost life-long admiration for all things Nikon (going back to film days) I'd probably - by a nose - go for the S5. The L Mount alliance is putting out a huge number of lenses now, giving a large choice of glass. Remember the Nikon needs XQD storage cards (not cheap) which are very fast - and robust - but that's an additional cost c/w the Panasonic.

Both fabulous cameras though, of course.

Thanks for the reply.

I kind of like some of the enhancements of the Z6 over the S5 - slightly larger screen, higher res EVF, top display - but in reality I am not sure in real world use they will make much difference.

As you say the lens options are better than with the Nikon but I do like the look of the kit lens the Z6 comes with.

As you say - a hard choice!

I have been looking at the same and going round in circles!
So many good cameras around these days it is hard to make a bad choice. It is difficult to say without holding the cameras and using them. I really like the new Nikon software so that is making a difference to my choice - the Nikon Z5 and adaptor is looking good for me I really don't need anything more as I have several f mount lenses, although I do like the look of the Q2 or new Fuji medium format stuff.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back