advertisement

Lumin

Ali T

pfm Member
I have a Lumin D2 on streaming duties, a task which it has performed faultlessly since I unboxed it, until now that is.

I came home on Friday to see the Lumin app advising that there was a firmware update available. This is a regular occurrence, and has been carried out on several occasion without incident.

Not this time however. I could see the update was uploading to the D2, since then the unit is dead, other than the lights around the Ethernet port on the rear. Screen is dead and the unit s unresponsive. App won’t connect and it no longer shows up on the network. I have tried rebooting and the reset on the rear without success.

Anyone had similar or know of a fix?

Try unplugging all cables for 30 mins and then overnight. Give the full reset another shot.

Paperclip held in the reset hole and power it up. The reset can be glitchy, often have to reset a rouer/wifi point 2 or 3 times before it takes and does wipe/reset properly.

No joy I guess it's Lumin support/dealer tomorrow.

Thanks, will try that. Discovered that one of the Lumin software guys posts on the Roon forum, an admin has flagged my post for him.

Thanks, will try that. Discovered that one of the Lumin software guys posts on the Roon forum, an admin has flagged my post for him.
Hopefully he will have a "back door" method - maybe connect to a PC by USB or over LAN and use a developer tool to force flash - we do that with bricked drayteks, fancy version of FTP.

Oh well. He advised powering it up while pressing the reset, if that doesn’t work, take it back to the dealer. It didn’t work.

advertisement

Back