advertisement

LSA standard hybrid remote control gone kaput

Sibbers

Earthling
My remote has gone up the spout and now I have to get up and change the volume. No good. I bought one of those guaranteed to work universal remotes, but it doesn't work. Cost £20, so not so bad but it's making me very nervous about the idea of try a more expensive one.

Anyone got any ideas? All I need is four buttons - on/off, input select, volume up, volume down.

What goes wrong in a remote? The led doesn't fire, if I replaced it is there a decent chance it'll come back to life?

Replying to myself, but maybe someone will benefit.

No way to program universal remote and no company to speak to, so I took the remote apart with the intention of repairing and fixing any break in the solder. Turns out the battery had leaked and caused some corrossion on one of the legs of a chip so I sprayed liberal amounts of electrical contact cleaner for the whole lot and scraped away a connection that had been made between the legs.

Put it all back together and it worked so I quickly ‘learnt’ the IR commands and now have two working remotes.

Not having a remote for the amp is such a downgrade, especially if you have the TV as one of your sources.

advertisement

Back