advertisement

LS3/5A phenolic paper resin baffles

Back then I likely wasn't as discerning as I am now. :D Since then I've read reviews that indicated they were rather bright sounding, given the metallic tweeter. I still have a soft spot for them, due to their nostalgic value.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the trolling. It just encourages it.

As for the Celestion metal domes, I certainly would never have described them as bright - the opposite if anything.

But to get back to the OP, I like the idea of your baffles, but I've never tried anything similar.

Last edited:
Well I'm intrigued what you think of the baffles. I've usually got srbp at work as I use it for making fuse boards and stuff. I've used it for a guitar scratch plate recently as it looks retro and bakelite like. I guess it's pretty dead and non-resonant, plenty stiff and dense, should work well in theory. Looks very tidy too.

I don't give a monkeys about the celestions!

I guess it's pretty dead and non-resonant, plenty stiff and dense, should work well in theory
I stripped the original baffles down a few months before maching the new ones so any sonic improvements are hard to judge.
Its certainly not night and day however I feel that the bass appears to be slighlty better defined. What I should have done is performed before and after measurements.

advertisement

Back